My Dad

My sympathies Tiny. I lost my dad to Covid a year ago and the pain still feels like it was yesterday. It’s great that you had a strong relationship with things in common as many have never experienced this. For me, dad first took me to Maine Road when I was 10 when we moved to Manchester from Derby. He trained With City for a year after he was demobbed and then played with Eric Alexander at Gatley Rovers before a spell with Bolton Wanderers. He was a massive blue. Our love of City was a constant through his divorce from mum and other family issues. Cherish the memories. And to anyone reading this and estranged from their parents... make up because it’s true that life is short and you are only gifted one mum and dad.
So true about estranged families, Its so sad.

hi Tiny
i would have posted early but in all honest i didnt know what to say. People will tell you it will get better with time and if like me you dont believe it, dont want to hear it. But honesty it does get better. They is no time limit on this and no shame.
My dad passed away 3 1/2 years ago, i still miss him like hell, i still have a cry every now and again, but its mostly just thoughts and things i miss. I miss our chats but i still have them in my head with him. He and his dad are the reason i and my kids are City. We had great times like the last Maine Road match and the Aguerooooo moment

My dad is with me every day as i got married about a year after my dad passed, and my missus agree that i could wear dads wedding ring as my wedding ring. She wanted to give me a wedding from her but see knew what my dad meant to me as was fine with it.
I am the bloke in the stand that when City score i kiss my wedding ring as i cant hug dad ! I am lucky.

i have found this site amazing place to just get things of my chest , sometimes i just ramble on, if you find it to hard to chat with people sometimes just writing it down helps , thats what i do.

Stay strong Tiny , take care

PS great picture

Last edited:
All Pall Bearers will be wearing City shirts, or T shirts. I want dads name and the number 1 printed on them. Anyone know of anywhere that I can get the printing done? The t shirts I can get at city store for £7 but the printing is £15 each!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.