My final piece on Mark Hughes.

C_T_I_D

There will probably be a degree of hostility to this thread saying "give him time" or telling me to support the manager. My simple answer? No, because we haven't got time. If he gets time then we will be fucking relegated, I'm telling you!

My points are the following:

1. Mark Hughes has not got results. I know luck has gone against us with suspensions, injuries et al and I know we've done alright in the UEFA Cup but the fact of the matter is we're two points from the relegation place and we're out of both the Carling Cup and the FA Cup courtesy of Brighton and Hove Albion and Nottingham Forest, the latter rather convincingly! At home he has won 5 and lost 5 in the premiership and away from home we've won once, drew four and lost 5 - his total record reading won 6, drew 4, lost 10 - quite unacceptable!!

2. The playing staff situation looks a lot worse and if we're going to replace Hughes with Mancini or Hiddink then it needs to happen sooner rather than later so we can sort ourselves out in the transfer window. Thankfully, to his credit, Hughes has bought pretty well in the transfer market but we're left with quite a lot of shit too - Vassell, Benjani, Danny Mills, Michael Ball, Gelson Fernandes (what does he actually do?), Tal Ben Haim and Jo. The problem is we need to sort out the defence yet if SWP, Elano (who may stay under Mancini), Robinho and Ireland are out then we're fucked basically and that needs addressing too. I know they'll be a total overhaul in the summer, but we need to preserve our premier league status primarily!

3. We've gone from the start of the season when we were talking about Kaká, Villa, Messi, Tranny and big names like that and believing we'd qualify for some type of European Football to contemplating players coming in like Bellamy, Darren Bent, Scott Parker who are shite and like someone said on another thread - we need to be aiming for middle ground and building up gradually. Bridge is a good start, we need a new manager to obtain that middle ground because Hughes pulling power is questionable.

4. This is probably the most pivitol and this is what Hughes can be thankful for. These are arabs and thus, they are very loyal and patient yet don't underestimate their desire to see us heading in the right direction sooner rather than later. We are the standout business that are doing absolute shite and it'll make them look like a laughing stock to the fair. The funny thing is we laughed at West Ham for offering stupid wages for average/ shit players and now we're doing the same - karma?

5. His relationship with the fans. Am I the only one that feels that because he was an ex rag and because he has the personality of a turnip, not even that offers him any hope on the terraces. So many people come up to me nowadays and says that he is the cancer of this club and that they never wanted him anyway, and I'd have to agree. What did he achieve with Wales and Blackburn? Where is his winning mentality that Robinho craves?

I'm not going to go on and on about the dressing room because they're rumours but the cold hard fact of the matter is his record in the league, us being out of two cups and the sort of player he is aiming for in the transfer window (by his own admission!) He's not the man to lead us forward people, I'm sorry, but he's not.

You're welcome to back him and credit to you for that, but it's just something I cannot do. He has wrecked last season and set us back two years or so in the ten year project.

300px-RKO.jpg

True_Blue69 said:
If you are so certain we will get relegated if he stays have me a 50 quid bet.

No, for the simple reason is that would mean I would be looking for us to get relegated which I do not want so it's a lose: lose situation for me to be fair isn't it?

Bizzbo, that's a promise, I needed to get it off my chest and now I have I'll shut up about him. I'd love for him to prove me wrong obviously because that'd mean success for the club, but as things stand I just cannot see him turning it around. I don't think he has the ability tactically and in terms of motivation.

I might not agree with everything CTID says but I do believe Hughes has put us back by 2 years.
Not too bad, I've waited thirty odd years, but I don't think Robinho will want to wait another couple of years.

C_T_I_D said:
True_Blue69 said:
If you are so certain we will get relegated if he stays have me a 50 quid bet.

No, for the simple reason is that would mean I would be looking for us to get relegated which I do not want so it's a lose: lose situation for me to be fair isn't it?

Arf.

Bluemoon115, read the post.

when we were talking about Kaká, Villa, Messi, Tranny and big names

I never said I thought we were going to sign them, but everybody was discussing them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.