My final piece on Mark Hughes.

chesterguy said:
I dont get it. There have been hundreds of threads about Hughes "Out" so why start another some people just love the attention.

You could look at it that we are the leagues 2nd highest scorers but that out two central defenders have been found wanting as they are not used to playing in a side which isnt so defensive minded as it was under Pearve and Sven where the emphasis was on scoring 1 goal and then all defending for their lives. I think that is why Dunne looked so good.

You could also look at it that at the half way point in the season we are just 5 points off being 8th with a game in hand and a better goal difference. It is clear that we have the potential to be a better side than last year provided all the players pull together and the manager is allowed to get rid off or at least lessen the disruption that those players who arent prepared to put a shift in are doing to the side.

I think because of the start we had last year which coloured all our views of Sven his players did not work for him in the 2nd half of last season and some of those same players have not put the effort in for Hughes.

Rather than criticise the manager I cant understand why the fans have not got on the backs of those players as they could cost the jobs of 2 managers and clearly do not think anything of the damage that they are doing to Man City because they would rather be lazy bastards.

I have been confused by some of the decisions that Hughes has made re personell and positions but I am sure he doesnt know who he can trust to do a job and in which position they are best suited. Give him a chance to know the side and the players so that he can make best use of each player.

I must admit I find all this negativity on the site boring and I dont come on as ofetn as I used to. I also have noticed that nearly asll the ones supposedly in the know on this site have posted between 30/60 posts yet depite Hughes demanding that no information is leaked these characters now the inside workings of Man City. Where we these characters when we had Sven and the world and his wife could visit Carrington.... I wonder if most are just wind up merchants from other clubs who love stirring on here and we City fans are rising to their bait
correct, good post.

citymad said:
Disagree on one thing CTID, I think Scotty Parker IS the type of player we need right now not some superstar who needs time to settle. Poor results has caused Hughes to change the calibre of targets. Mind you some of it is down to Hughes. For acouple of games there he was trying to be smart with changing players positions and it backfird big time. And lets not talk about keeping with the utterly useless Vassell. I know I know broken record and all that but when someone is so bad at playing football why on earth would you select him for the first team.
MH is the reason we've had to change our transfer targets, ok petrov's been put a long time but he had better options than playing Ireland or whoever else out on the left, (Garrido for instance who is at least a left sided player!) like you say any manager who can't see how toilet Vassell is needs to have a word with themself

C_T_I_D said:
Scott Parker isn't a bad player, he's fine but he's only fine if you want to go to a certain level.

Bridge is the fourth best level back in the league behind AC, GC and PE and is a top notch signing. I cannot wait to see him Vs Wigan! Finally not being subjected to the inept displays of Michael Ball will be brilliant! Credit to MH for that.

Back to Parker, he is fine if you just want to be a mid-table club and hopefully (on the basis that he stays and my views) that is what we will be and that's probably why we'll end up with him come Feb 2nd, but make no mistake about it, he's the short term solution if he comes!

So what about Hughes's other signings SWP, Robinho, Kompany and Zabaleta are you happy wioth those too?

chesterguy said:
I dont get it. There have been hundreds of threads about Hughes "Out" so why start another some people just love the attention.

I said it was my final piece on Hughes. After this thread, I'm keeping my gob shut. Why would I crave attention on a site I hardly post on (nowhere near as much) nowadays?

You could look at it that we are the leagues 2nd highest scorers but that out two central defenders have been found wanting as they are not used to playing in a side which isnt so defensive minded as it was under Pearve and Sven where the emphasis was on scoring 1 goal and then all defending for their lives. I think that is why Dunne looked so good.

Point taken, but surely that is down to the tactics of MH (almost being too positive?), and not having a team capable of grinding out a result somewhat as shown Vs Liverpool/ Chelsea etc. He has not addressed what happen at Fulham last season basically, it was like watching a repeat performance at home Vs Liverpool. Fine we've got the players to score goals, but even if we address the quality of the personell, then the tactics still leave them wide open and no more able than the previous players in that position to deal with the problems.

You could also look at it that at the half way point in the season we are just 5 points off being 8th with a game in hand and a better goal difference. It is clear that we have the potential to be a better side than last year provided all the players pull together and the manager is allowed to get rid off or at least lessen the disruption that those players who arent prepared to put a shift in are doing to the side.

To be fair, in comparison to last season, I'd rather have a negative goal difference and more points on the board. The ability to know when to go all out and attack teams (6 - 0 Pompey, 5 - 1 Hull) and when to be defensive is not one of MH's strongpoints to be fair. They haven't got and I hate to use this term, 'enough steel'. I think everyone knows we need to replace some absolute dog shite in the team (how has Mills lasted so long?) but given our league position and the lack of potential for things to get better under the current manager, it may not be the perfect time to cause such changes and them needing the time to gel (especially in attack). That is why we need to attract world class talent and not average players unfortunately. We can ill afford a settling in period for new signings, which is why Bridge is such a good signing!

I think because of the start we had last year which coloured all our views of Sven his players did not work for him in the 2nd half of last season and some of those same players have not put the effort in for Hughes.

I can accept that and they are protecting their own futures at the club, rather than holding the clubs best interests at heart. Unprofessional, self centred and selfish to say the least.

Rather than criticise the manager I cant understand why the fans have not got on the backs of those players as they could cost the jobs of 2 managers and clearly do not think anything of the damage that they are doing to Man City because they would rather be lazy bastards.

Because through thick and thin we're meant to be supporting the players and getting behind them.

I have been confused by some of the decisions that Hughes has made re personell and positions but I am sure he doesnt know who he can trust to do a job and in which position they are best suited. Give him a chance to know the side and the players so that he can make best use of each player.

He has had half a season to do this. He still hasn't done anything about it.

I must admit I find all this negativity on the site boring and I dont come on as ofetn as I used to. I also have noticed that nearly asll the ones supposedly in the know on this site have posted between 30/60 posts yet depite Hughes demanding that no information is leaked these characters now the inside workings of Man City. Where we these characters when we had Sven and the world and his wife could visit Carrington.... I wonder if most are just wind up merchants from other clubs who love stirring on here and we City fans are rising to their bait

chesterguy said:
C_T_I_D said:
Scott Parker isn't a bad player, he's fine but he's only fine if you want to go to a certain level.

Bridge is the fourth best level back in the league behind AC, GC and PE and is a top notch signing. I cannot wait to see him Vs Wigan! Finally not being subjected to the inept displays of Michael Ball will be brilliant! Credit to MH for that.

Back to Parker, he is fine if you just want to be a mid-table club and hopefully (on the basis that he stays and my views) that is what we will be and that's probably why we'll end up with him come Feb 2nd, but make no mistake about it, he's the short term solution if he comes!

So what about Hughes's other signings SWP, Robinho, Kompany and Zabaleta are you happy wioth those too?

SWP - Had a great start to life back at City. Seems to have gone off the boil in the last few games! In the whole yes.

Robinho - No answer required.

Kompany - Consistently fantastic.

Zabaleta - Yes and no. Sometimes he doesn't seem fast enough but then he puts in a brilliant sliding tackle nobody else ever could have. He confuses me at the moment.

His signings are not the problem, it's the signings that I believe he is about to make that will be and at whose expense they will be brought in at.

C_T_I_D said:
chesterguy said:

I said it was my final piece on Hughes. After this thread, I'm keeping my gob shut. Why would I crave attention on a site I hardly post on (nowhere near as much) nowadays?

Point taken, but surely that is down to the tactics of MH (almost being too positive?), and not having a team capable of grinding out a result somewhat as shown Vs Liverpool/ Chelsea etc. He has not addressed what happen at Fulham last season basically, it was like watching a repeat performance at home Vs Liverpool. Fine we've got the players to score goals, but even if we address the quality of the personell, then the tactics still leave them wide open and no more able than the previous players in that position to deal with the problems.

I am not sure its his tactics as the fact that the players arent as good as he might have thought they were. I would suggest that he has realised our left back was a position he needed to strengthen and he is (allegedly)looking for a new Centre half and centre midfield precisely because the players that we have got are not able to deal with this problem[/b]

To be fair, in comparison to last season, I'd rather have a negative goal difference and more points on the board. The ability to know when to go all out and attack teams (6 - 0 Pompey, 5 - 1 Hull) and when to be defensive is not one of MH's strongpoints to be fair. They haven't got and I hate to use this term, 'enough steel'. I think everyone knows we need to replace some absolute dog shite in the team (how has Mills lasted so long?) but given our league position and the lack of potential for things to get better under the current manager, it may not be the perfect time to cause such changes and them needing the time to gel (especially in attack). That is why we need to attract world class talent and not average players unfortunately. We can ill afford a settling in period for new signings, which is why Bridge is such a good signing!

Why do you think there is no potential to improve I believe he knows the players better than he did he is looking to strengthen the side he obviously does not suffer fools. He has exceeded expectations with sides he has previously managed why should he not be able to do the same with City

I can accept that and they are protecting their own futures at the club, rather than holding the clubs best interests at heart. Unprofessional, self centred and selfish to say the least.
AGREED and they are still earning £30/40K or more a week

Because through thick and thin we're meant to be supporting the players and getting behind them.

I must admit I support the club not the players as they come and go as do managers at the end of the day the only thing that stays is the supporters but whilst they are here I will support both players and managers as they represent the club

He has had half a season to do this. He still hasn't done anything about it.

This is the first opportunity that he has been able to do anything give him a chance. If we get a successor and he gets us relegated is he sacked too. When will it sop and why not give the management team abit of time to develop a good squad. I have been happy with his buys

biffa said:
I might not agree with everything CTID says but I do believe Hughes has put us back by 2 years.
Not too bad, I've waited thirty odd years, but I don't think Robinho will want to wait another couple of years.

Robinho will do what ever he is told to do by his paymasters (ADUG).

As for Hughes putting us back by two years. The truth is we have gone back even further than that with Hughes at the helm. At least we had a chance of recruiting some half-decent players before he arrived. Now, even the footballing dregs of the premiership are giving us a wide birth!

CTID

BillyShears said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
I agree the last 6months have set us back 18 months despite now being the richest club in the world.

I would love you to be able to justify that...

And I have to be honest with you...being "the richest club in the world" has zero actual bearing on whether Mark Hughes should be manager. There is no argument more flawed than the one which says "Hughes was good enough but then we became the richest club in the world, so we need a manager befitting that status..."

No I'm sorry I didn't me the richest club in the world, thus we shouldn't have Mark Hughes as our manager, I meant we have moved backwards in terms of a place players would want to come. The reason I think we have gone back in the last 6months to pre SGE times is watching the team under SGE you could see the team and you could understand that they where all pretty much on the same page, over time teams worked us out a little(thus a poor 2nd half to the season)and the weakness in the squad exposed. Watching the team right now its clear that none of the players have even the basic idea as to what is wanted of them(as exhibited when Sturridge and Elano had their disagreement about switching roles and looked to the bench and got no leadership). While we are talking about leadership it is an important thing, many of those that think we should keep Hughes talk about it a lot and their right, but surely leadership starts on the bench and right now there is none game after game week after week. Napoleon once said that "A leader is a dealer in hope" right now there is none being offered to the players, thus there is no leadership on the field, no one would question the leadership of Dunne over his time as captain until now. Then we have the well this guy or that Hughes has brought out the best in him in the past, if the grounds for thinking of a manager are that they bring the best out of their players(not a bad measure)of the City players that are at the club how many can of them can anyone say are playing the best football of their careers under Hughes my guess would be one...Ireland. So opening day of last year, we had a team with a plan that knew eachothers roles and played accordingly, with leadership on the field and off the field and now there is none

i must say the level of player he is targeting is worrying, i suppose he wants to just cement the squad and ensure a decent finish, can't help feeling frustrated a little at the moment.
of course once the superstars realise we are for real they will jump to join us.

kingdoneg said:
biffa said:
I might not agree with everything CTID says but I do believe Hughes has put us back by 2 years.
Not too bad, I've waited thirty odd years, but I don't think Robinho will want to wait another couple of years.

Robinho will do what ever he is told to do by his paymasters (ADUG).

As for Hughes putting us back by two years. The truth is we have gone back even further than that with Hughes at the helm. At least we had a chance of recruiting some half-decent players before he arrived. Now, even the footballing dregs of the premiership are giving us a wide birth!

CTID

Such as SWP Robinho Kompany Bridge Zabaleta. How do you know we have put proper bids for all those players. If we have actually put bids in on all the players it is alleged then we would have 55 people turning up at Carrington. Why not wait and see what happens at the end of the window you might be suprised.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.