My football life flashing before me

i keep telling myself that the current city side is far too professional to do a 'typical city' and fuck it up. watching city do this time after time over the years - typified by the manager telling the team to waste time and play for a draw against liverpool when only a win could save us from relegation - makes this feeling hard to dispel but this time it ain't gonna happen.

city's players want it more and the rags know they're beaten - not just now but for years to come. i will love seeing all those smug red twats drawing the wagons into a circle, among them the gloating armchair cunts who used to parade up and down ashton new road in their rag shirts whenever we lost at home.

every single blue deserves this. and it's just the beginning.

Didsbury Dave said:
I forgot to add.

This one is for those of us who were locked in Old Trfford after the carling cup defeat. Who watched a bunch of 20 year old fucking dorks bounce around.

They thought it would always be like that. Glory glory Man United. Let's all laugh at City.

First we took their banner.
Then we took their dignity.
Now we are going to take their trophy.

Love it

Leaving the swamp having lost 4-3 I had 3 rags taunting me and pushing me.

If we win the league I dedicate it to them.

salford blue 62 said:
this is the best thread i have ever seen on here.
i echo everything on here,my first game at maine rd was 68,since then i remember all the shit we have had to put up with,i was at wembley in 74,and cried for hours.even when the scum went down they come back even stronger with coppel (shithouse)hill,pearson and the rest which made things even worse,never ever forget that twat pleat and the disbelieve we had gone down when only needing a draw.this is for all us blues

With respect, the best ever thread was regarding the take over, but I know what you mean.

Respect to Dave. Love and peace to everyone. Where's Billy?

My self-indulgence is away at Derby, lost 6-0, Wright grabbed Heath by the neck in front of us, just a few months after Hillsborough, I was getting pushed from behind and nearly over the fencing into a line of baton wielding Derbyshire coppers who looked like they were enjoying it. Into my post-grad days by then, looking forward to a decent career, thinking I could die here, or go over the fence to get battered by coppers. Walked back passed Rolls Royce where blues were scrapping with blues. Thought 'Why do I put up with this shit' but kept going 'til I left the UK a couple of years ago. And I'll be back, as Liam would say. So this one's for the younger me.

Nice one, Dave.

I often think that that Gillingham game is some sort of magical, unearthly experience.

The way the result unfolded, obviously. But also the wider context and the fact that so many people genuinely felt that a loss there would have seen the club in a trough from where it would not bounce back.

In fact, it probably would have been impossible to be in the position to make the takeover a possibility if it wasn't for those mad few minutes.

But it always makes me wonder what it was about that position that made so many City fans, having put up with so much over the years, genuinely feel that they had had enough if those goals hadn't gone in. Of course, that made the result even sweeter but it was genuine despair and demoralisation. But even more than that, so many people felt that they, the fans, had had the life kicked out of them as it sat at two nil.

I mean, every week at Maine Road there'd be plenty telling everyone that they had had a gutful and were never coming again. Slagging off everyone. But, of course, they'd be back the next week.

But it was different that day. Or at least it felt like it. Afterwards was like a miracle had been witnessed and, even at that shite level, some sort of gradual rebirth or life saving event had taken place. In a way, I suppose it had. But then that is probably a bit too dramatic and easy to say, considering what happened 10 years later.

Anyway, it just reminded me when you said you genuinely thought of giving it up that day. Despite the evidence at City stating otherwise, perhaps there is a point where it just becomes too much. Too many people said/say the same thing about that game. And not in the usual 'Maine Road, 2-0 down, rant' manner.

Makes you think now.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Halifax FA Cup......................... .Could we go lower
Shrewsbury FA Cup.................. Yes
Liverpool League Cup................ .Alf Grey
Luton..................................... Pleats Dance
Notts County away.................... Despair
Barnsley away........................... Football special delayed by dead horse!
West Ham away.........................Relegation
Notts County FA Cup..................Post/Bar/Last minute winner
Spurs FA Cup............................4-2
United away..............................5-0
Palace away League cup..............4-0
Liverpool home...........................2-2 corner flag!
Stockport Home.........................Embarrassment
Bury home................................Total shame
QPR Home.................................Pollock
Stoke Away...............................Deary me
Colchester Home........................ 0-0
Gillingham..................................2-0 down lowest point ever.
Ipswich away.......................... . Relegation
Oldham FA Cup......................... Shame
United FA Cup.............................4-2 against 10 men
Boro home..................................1-1 miss pen
Boro away..................................8-1
Brighton away league cup..............defeat on pens
Forest home FA CUP.....................0-3
Spurs home................................1-0 lose out on 4th

Come on City dont fucking let us down on this one!

You've missed Cardiff fa cup at ninian park - got beat 1-0 Nathan Blake scored the winner and curle missed a pen. Remember being a 10 year old kid and being devastated. It was windy and toilets were open air and remember getting sprayed with piss. How I dealt with that as a young kid and carried on going I don't know - had a season ticket ever since. My dad should have done for child cruelty.

The most typical City moment of my life was being 3 up at home vs bloody bournemouth ......... Inflatables bouncing, songs being sung, joyous scenes all around.

Cue 45 mins of utter mayhem as we capitulate.......

That's why I will never relax until we are 4 up with less than 10 mins to go !

For going 2-nil up against the scum at home, and losing 3-2, then having to face up to them in school as a 9 year old in 1993. That has always stayed with me. Winning the league on goal difference after the sick swan will make it all better.

Almost there,

COME ON CITY!

Just read the whole, brilliant thread and i've had to have a pace around the kitchen whilst muttering 'fuckin come on' under me breath. Again.

Luckily i have a terrible memory so most of the dark moments are lost in the fog of time, but;

michael fuckin owen
ravafuckinelli
tottenhamfuckinhotspurs
2 up then getting beat almost every bastard week
Every ex Blue coming back and scoring against us (oh fuck)

come on city..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.