My House smells at night...

Cityisland

Hi all,

Had our bungalow converted with an extension at the back and 2 beds/ bathroom upstairs a couple of years ago.

Been in for about a year. long story but builder walked off with our money half way through the job so we had to borrow extra cash and i had to get off my arse and learn a thing or two.

Anyway...

Since the weather has warmed up (march/april), there is this smell that starts in the utility room, in the eve space above and into my sons bedroom ( he has a little doorway that leads into it). It starts off smelling like drains but as the evening goes on it smells like dead animals.

Poor little sod has put up with the stench in his room for some time. He is usually asleep by the time it kicks in.

We had the plumber out and he is stumped. We have checked the loft space and there is no sign of a dead animal.

Seems to be restricted to those three areas and when you "follow your nose" and think you are getting close it disappears. Very odd, very frustrating and very annoying.

Anyone experienced anything similar/ have any advice?

Perhaps putting the builder under the floorboards wasn't the greatest of ideas.
digging.jpg

Have you had an optical pipe stuck up your hole :-D Serious though i would advise it, they may detect a crack that developed during the building work. Since it seems to coincide with the weather and the thermal mass around such waste/water pipes it could be this, in winter it is to cold so any bacterial action is almost suspended which ofc lessens smell.

Personally i have only ever had to stick dissolving stuff down my drains so can't say out of experience, good luck mate that must be rather annoying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.