My lads first away day tomorrow.

Well did he enjoy?

My lad's first away game was the Wednesday 6-2 game. Always nice to start with a win.
Mine was a 4-1 defeat at Blackburn on my 7th Birthday in 1989. I got knocked over by a few blokes who were kicking off, my Dad picked me up and said “got to stay on your feet lad, toughen up a bit, push them back” hahaha (he did have a word with the blokes n’all, never quite heard what he said to them)

Mine was a 4-1 defeat at Blackburn on my 7th Birthday in 1989. I got knocked over by a few blokes who were kicking off, my Dad picked me up and said “got to stay on your feet lad, toughen up a bit, push them back” hahaha (he did have a word with the blokes n’all, never quite heard what he said to them)

i was at that. It was 4-0 and we had a tiny allocation due to stadium development. Main memory of the day is hearing about the hillsborough disaster through word of mouth all afternoon, then driving home in horrified silence as the death toll came through on radio 5.

Wow..... he’s been spoiled. Best tell him it’s not that good every week. Hope he loved it and had a great day.
That’d be lying, as it generally has been for his lifetime. ;-)

Unlike the first 18 years of my life, that’s for sure.

71/72 a 3-1 win at the swamp for me.

Thought it'd always be that easy...we took our time.

I'm driving up for the first time in my puff, 4hrs with a car full of kids, what's the crack with parking at the stadium, can I just turn up on the day and pay??

Is it the Blue Car Park off Alan Turing way and can I get in there at 12pm ??

Any advice appreciated as ever....

I'm driving up for the first time in my puff, 4hrs with a car full of kids, what's the crack with parking at the stadium, can I just turn up on the day and pay??

Is it the Blue Car Park off Alan Turing way and can I get in there at 12pm ??

Any advice appreciated as ever....
For secure parking go behind the Cemetery but, it depends on which way you'll be approaching from.

There's loads of 'free' parking but it's a risk in recent times it seems.

For secure parking go behind the Cemetery but, it depends on which way you'll be approaching from.

There's loads of 'free' parking but it's a risk in recent times it seems.
I'm in Mrs Deaths SUV mate, anything less than 100/% secure is not an option if I'm to be allowed home :-)

I'm traveling up from London and going straight to the ground for 12 not a scooby which direction I will be coming from :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.