My lads just been signed up::))

Matt Diablo

...to play for the one and only .....Whetstone Pumas!! OK a while off the big boyz league but at a tender 7yrs old i'm so fookin proud of the lad - proper left footed centre back who would tackle a shadow if he could!! Its properly competitive and he's hustled his way into the team amidst unbelievable amount of competition - plays daaarn saaaarth in his Toure Yaya away kit teaching all the little y*ddies and gooners a few things I can tell you!!

Anyway enough of the glowing "my boy" sentiment -

how many other mooners have got young lads in a team and how is it going??

Any funny tales or kicking off with opposing teams players Dads? I can tell you I was never going to be one of those Dads but if another one took him out in a game I can already imagine the reaction from me it would get!! They have tape around the pitch now saying - " No respect, No football" - seems a bit full on but I can see why they do it...

I have 2 young uns in a great set-up in the NE.

One has been invited over to the Boro academy open sessions, he's only 8 so a way to go but great stuff all the same.

Was at his training t'nite (indoors) and he was playing right wingback, was wiped out twice by heavy challenges with that nasty slap onto the wooden flooring. He just dusted gimself off and got on with it 'thats my boy'.

Was buzzing the other week when everything came together and he had the best game yet in the league. 2 goals and 3 beautiful assists in a 6-0 win.

He even megged one fullback went past and hit a beauty ball in for the CF to tap in.

I do have hope for him as he has attitude and application.

You do see some sites mind you with the chavtastic teams!

Matt Diablo said:
...to play for the one and only .....Whetstone Pumas!! OK a while off the big boyz league but at a tender 7yrs old i'm so fookin proud of the lad - proper left footed centre back who would tackle a shadow if he could!! Its properly competitive and he's hustled his way into the team amidst unbelievable amount of competition - plays daaarn saaaarth in his Toure Yaya away kit teaching all the little y*ddies and gooners a few things I can tell you!!

Anyway enough of the glowing "my boy" sentiment -

how many other mooners have got young lads in a team and how is it going??

Any funny tales or kicking off with opposing teams players Dads? I can tell you I was never going to be one of those Dads but if another one took him out in a game I can already imagine the reaction from me it would get!! They have tape around the pitch now saying - " No respect, No football" - seems a bit full on but I can see why they do it...

Hahahahahahah! A couple of years ago, i was stuck on a job in staffordshire, when i got a call from my son saying, his mum had just attacked the coach of his footie team! Apparently, the coach's son (cheeky little runt) spat on my lad's back, when lining up to take shot's at the goalie before the match. When my wife noticed it she told the coach and he shrugged it off. Saying that his son has learning difficulties (he hasn't) and to ignore him. The lad then kicked my son, who in turn kicked the shite out of him. The coach grabbed my lad's arm and pulled him hard out of the way, so my missus caned him! (she's only about 8 stone)

He's a United fan like his Dad though, so I doubt it. He's a clever sod and he's absolutely mad on the game. He's got (a few channels of) Sky TV in his room, and spends all night awake on Saturdays watching Football First until he's seen the full game of all of the matches. Then he gets up on Sunday to watch the Football League shows on the Sky+ downstairs, goes out for a kickabout then back in to watch the Super Sunday, then back out to play footy again until teatime, then play a bit of FIFA and watch MOTD2 before sleep. Honestly, he lives for it.

He reads the game excellently, but the one thing that he seems to lack at times is that aggression in his game as he's small (even for his age) and a bit frightened of all of the bigger lads. The United coaches are absolutely brilliant though, and they are trying to get him to come out of his shell on the pitch more. Currently, he plays either centre back (though he's tiny and shy, his anticipation makes him a solid defender), or his preferred position of centre mid.

He rang me up in tears the other day because all of his mates were arguing with him as they said that Messi was the best player in the world, where he says that Paul Scholes is (he worships that guy). His logic was that Messi can keep the ball and take people on, but Scholes doesn't need to due to his range and accuracy of passing which makes him just as important to the overall team.

I don't agree, but that's not bad for a kid. Shame he'll probably not make it purely because he's not physically tough nor does he do lots of tricks. They are thinking of letting him go back to his team until he 'fills out' a bit (both mentally and physically). Shame really, he's got a good brain for it.

Damocles said:
He's a United fan like his Dad though, so I doubt it. He's a clever sod and he's absolutely mad on the game. He's got (a few channels of) Sky TV in his room, and spends all night awake on Saturdays watching Football First until he's seen the full game of all of the matches. Then he gets up on Sunday to watch the Football League shows on the Sky+ downstairs, goes out for a kickabout then back in to watch the Super Sunday, then back out to play footy again until teatime, then play a bit of FIFA and watch MOTD2 before sleep. Honestly, he lives for it.

He reads the game excellently, but the one thing that he seems to lack at times is that aggression in his game as he's small (even for his age) and a bit frightened of all of the bigger lads. The United coaches are absolutely brilliant though, and they are trying to get him to come out of his shell on the pitch more. Currently, he plays either centre back (though he's tiny and shy, his anticipation makes him a solid defender), or his preferred position of centre mid.

He rang me up in tears the other day because all of his mates were arguing with him as they said that Messi was the best player in the world, where he says that Paul Scholes is (he worships that guy). His logic was that Messi can keep the ball and take people on, but Scholes doesn't need to due to his range and accuracy of passing which makes him just as important to the overall team.

I don't agree, but that's not bad for a kid. Shame he'll probably not make it purely because he's not physically tough nor does he do lots of tricks. They are thinking of letting him go back to his team until he 'fills out' a bit (both mentally and physically). Shame really, he's got a good brain for it.

My boy is big but slender (unlike his ole man!) and quick - - and loves slide tackles for breakfast - soon as his 1st touch improves a bit he's going to be a big player for their team - I really believe he can go somewhere with it, but I would say that and at he end of the day the % chance of any of our lads making a career out of it are next to nowt if we're honest....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.