My Lyin Eye's ?

cookster said:
DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
I'm also in a bit of a quandary...can't decide whether your on a wind up or just an idiot...maybe you can help me out ?

Have an opinion and get called an "idiot" - that's bluemoon for you.

I think Edin will come good and be top class. Balo I have no idea - the kids got mental health issues ;)
There is a difference between a well rounded thought out opinion and a knee jerk reaction

MATCITY said:
cookster said:
Have an opinion and get called an "idiot" - that's bluemoon for you.

I think Edin will come good and be top class. Balo I have no idea - the kids got mental health issues ;)
There is a difference between a well rounded thought out opinion and a knee jerk reaction
Hmmm . here's my 'well rounded thought out opinion' ....... We shoudnt have touched Balotelli with a barge-pole , let alone a £25 million one!!, and Dzeko may come good , but from what ive seen , he's slow , got a bad first touch , and at £27million is a HUGE gamble..........hows that........... not a jerking knee in sight!!!!!!!

I think it's fair to say this is the first year where Nani has been a cornerstone for the rags. Until this year he's not exactly been relied upon to deliver week-in week-out.

An article on the BBC Sport website regarding Carragher's competitive tackle reminder me that Nani joined the rags back in June 2007.

Maybe that fact should inform our understanding of how long it takes to develop and integrate.

If you know anything about football in the last 10 or 20 years you should know the folly of judging players in their first season. In Drogba's first season at Chelsea he scored 10 league goals, one less that Robert Earnshaw and 11 less than Andrew Johnson. Even the next season he was level with Henri Camara and behind Marlon Harewood.

Now - who would you rather have leading your line: Harewood, Camara, Earnshaw, Johnson or Drogba?

panzer1311 said:
matt_MCFC said:
Trust your own judgement. Supporting is overrated, clearly
What the fuck does that mean ??............i dont support them ?

No it means you can't be arsed to give Dzeko and Balotelli the time a adjust to a completely new style of football and a completely new country. So instead you'll (perhaps) write them off now?

Prestwich_Blue said:
If you know anything about football in the last 10 or 20 years you should know the folly of judging players in their first season. In Drogba's first season at Chelsea he scored 10 league goals, one less that Robert Earnshaw and 11 less than Andrew Johnson. Even the next season he was level with Henri Camara and behind Marlon Harewood.

Now - who would you rather have leading your line: Harewood, Camara, Earnshaw, Johnson or Drogba?
I know plenty about football thanks ,ive been going to City since 1971,... just picking a random player out like Drogba doesnt prove anything , i bet there's a thousand other players who have done the opposite, i.e looked world beaters then flopped miserably.the next year... all im saying is I dont rate Dzeko from what ive seen of him , i maybe wrong , he may be world class next year , and Balotelli is Trouble full-stop !!! morinho gave up on trying to get through to him at Inter, I Dont think we should have bought him....its just my opinion ,,,thats all

There are plenty of players that take time to settle (and managers too dare I mention Bacon Face here) the two players have talent and ability, but I always knew there would be a settling in period, I also knew there would be many supporters who would are not prepared to give any player the time, they must hit the ground running, forgetting that the Prem style of football is a lot different than any other league and players that have played in other leagues have to adapt.

Some of us want everything NOW, and are not prepared to see the bigger picture, of a team developing and beginning to gel

matt_MCFC said:
panzer1311 said:
What the fuck does that mean ??............i dont support them ?

No it means you can't be arsed to give Dzeko and Balotelli the time a adjust to a completely new style of football and a completely new country. So instead you'll (perhaps) write them off now?
Ive never said im writing them off!, I maybe completely wrong about the both of them ...........

panzer1311 said:
DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
I'm also in a bit of a quandary...can't decide whether your on a wind up or just an idiot...maybe you can help me out ?
Do i have another choice ? Im not a wind up , so If Dzeko and Balotelli are good signings i must be an Idiot !

Q E D

End of thread!

Jury out on Balotelli for me .....

he looks to have an attitude that probably hinders him more than helps him , and doesn't appear to have the 'wherewithall' to escape volatile situations ...

very talented player without any doubt , and he's done pretty well on the goal front , without ever really showing a great deal of prominence in any game .... but he doesn't appear to be much of a 'team player' , more an individual , and is also well capable of disappearing in games ..... and i remain unconvinced that the game in England is really his cup of tea.

As for Dzeko ..... a great deal of his goals in Germany came from good service from out wide , and he's not really getting that here in most games , our final ball and general delivery from set pieces is usually so poor .....

his goal at Notts County showed his strengths , and owed much to the fantastic delivery provided by Micah Richards ..... Dzeko , like RSC before him , is a predator with a real eye for goal ....... but if we don't play to his strengths he'll struggle , and he won't look the player that we all know he can be ....... but his goals against Aris showed how well he can finish if the right balls are played often enough to him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.