My Lyin Eye's ?

panzer1311 said:
Im in a bit of a Quandary here , I dont know if to go with 99.9% of city fans who tell me Balotelli's class , and Dzeko just needs time .......or Trust my own eyesight , which tells me, Balotelli puts in 10 mins effort during a 90min game and Dzeko reminds me of a Taller version of Georgios Samaras......Hmmmmm

Would the Gorgeous Greek ever be top scorer in the Bundesliga?

Balotelli might only put in ten mins effort, but how long to score a goal? Ten secs. He's well in credit!

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
panzer1311 said:
Im in a bit of a Quandary here , I dont know if to go with 99.9% of city fans who tell me Balotelli's class , and Dzeko just needs time .......or Trust my own eyesight , which tells me, Balotelli puts in 10 mins effort during a 90min game and Dzeko reminds me of a Taller version of Georgios Samaras......Hmmmmm

Would the Gorgeous Greek ever be top scorer in the Bundesliga?

Balotelli might only put in ten mins effort, but how long to score a goal? Ten secs. He's well in credit!
Good point about Gorgeous George ....as for Balo...........how much do we pay him?, how much did he cost ?...............He's not in credit as far as im concerned

panzer1311 said:
lloydie said:
Your other choice would be to contribute to the existing threads that cover your points ad infinitum, unless of course you feel like your inability to make your own mind up without some serious attention seeking is worthy of discussion.
Your Smug reply would lead me to beleive you dont value my post , well why dont you take your "ad infinitum" and any other peice of latin you wish to post.( on a football forum ) and shove it up your fuckin arse !!

My point remains valid whether posted from my arse or not. The Dzeko thread is around 127 pages by now and you've added the sum of absolute zero to the discussion such is the value of your post. You're clearly upset but you'd be better off crying to mummy than wasting bandwidth. How about a deal? I'll try to resist the temptation of smuggery, if you try and grow up.

panzer1311 said:

Beginning of last season I remember reading stuff on this forum about Tevez being the new Paul dickov.

The question for me is how to best accommodate these fantastic talents. How to get the best out of them.
To question their ability OP is - in my opinion (before you get all defensive like you have with others) - just plain daft.

Mario is better suited up front so the current wide-left role he's being asked to perform is limiting his best attributes.

Then there is the potentially awesome Tevez/Dzeko partnership to consider.
Do they just need time together up front to get fully in synch with each other's movement and play? We've certainly already seen glimpses of what it could become.

Or does our current system hinder their partnership?

If we go with Tevez/Dzeko will Mario be content warming the bench and being their understudy?

These are the pertinent questions for me. Not whether either, or both, are good enough.....because they undoubtedly ARE good enough.

Just a final point - I'm getting heartily sick now of people mentioning how 'even' Mourinho couldnt handle Balotelli's temperament.
What, you mean the famously patient, calm and tolerating Jose Mourinho from some small fishing village in Portugal?
Or the equally temperamental, intolerant to anyone who differs from his tyranny, Mourinho, the football couch?

Lucky Toma said:
The question for me is how to best accommodate these fantastic talents. How to get the best out of them.
To question their ability OP is - in my opinion (before you get all defensive like you have with others) - just plain daft.

Mario is better suited up front so the current wide-left role he's being asked to perform is limiting his best attributes.

Then there is the potentially awesome Tevez/Dzeko partnership to consider.
Do they just need time together up front to get fully in synch with each other's movement and play? We've certainly already seen glimpses of what it could become.

Or does our current system hinder their partnership?

If we go with Tevez/Dzeko will Mario be content warming the bench and being their understudy?

These are the pertinent questions for me. Not whether either, or both, are good enough.....because they undoubtedly ARE good enough.

Just a final point - I'm getting heartily sick now of people mentioning how 'even' Mourinho couldnt handle Balotelli's temperament.
What, you mean the famously patient, calm and tolerating Jose Mourinho from some small fishing village in Portugal?
Or the equally temperamental, intolerant to anyone who differs from his tyranny, Mourinho, the football couch?

The problem seems to be finding a partner for Tevez. When Tevez plays upfront on his own is when he's most effective.

The thing with dzeko is, it's all down to how many crosses we are getting into the box. How many goals would Niall Quinn have scored without the supply of White and holden etc? Not many I would suggest. On another point I like how bolton midfield go beyond their forward men, Lee Holden and others have been into the box countlesstimes, I wish bobby would give our midfielders that freedom sometimes.

weejh said:
The thing with dzeko is, it's all down to how many crosses we are getting into the box. How many goals would Niall Quinn have scored without the supply of White and holden etc? Not many I would suggest. On another point I like how bolton midfield go beyond their forward men, Lee Holden and others have been into the box countlesstimes, I wish bobby would give our midfielders that freedom sometimes.

its that a freedom or just a midfielders stamina trouble ?

It's so obvious Dzeko could succeed with the right service. Obvious as in "the grass is green" and "the sky is blue" and "Jo is rubbish" type obvious.

in my opinion it is not balo's ability that is in question....he has bundles of ability

its his application that is the problem along with the fact that he is carrying a huge chip around on his shoulder (rightly or wrongly)

Dzeko...well he looks an ok player so far but i do think he will struggle unless we change our system of play..and this is the bit that confuses me....even when RM has had the options this season (before AJ was injured) he never really looked to be playing with out and out wingers.........maybe RM thinks he can turn dzeko into a different type of striker....Im not so sure that dzeko has the right attributes to do that...or whether he is good enough to do that in this league

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.