My Lyin Eye's ?

panzer1311 said:
Im in a bit of a Quandary here , I dont know if to go with 99.9% of city fans who tell me Balotelli's class , and Dzeko just needs time .......or Trust my own eyesight , which tells me, Balotelli puts in 10 mins effort during a 90min game and Dzeko reminds me of a Taller version of Georgios Samaras......Hmmmmm

So 99.9% of city fans rate Balo and say Edin needs time yet you cant make up your mind...what a quandry indeed...

Tell you what...dont make up your mind,keep it a secret.;)

black mamba said:
Jury out on Balotelli for me .....

he looks to have an attitude that probably hinders him more than helps him , and doesn't appear to have the 'wherewithall' to escape volatile situations ...

very talented player without any doubt , and he's done pretty well on the goal front , without ever really showing a great deal of prominence in any game .... but he doesn't appear to be much of a 'team player' , more an individual , and is also well capable of disappearing in games ..... and i remain unconvinced that the game in England is really his cup of tea.

As for Dzeko ..... a great deal of his goals in Germany came from good service from out wide , and he's not really getting that here in most games , our final ball and general delivery from set pieces is usually so poor .....

his goal at Notts County showed his strengths , and owed much to the fantastic delivery provided by Micah Richards ..... Dzeko , like RSC before him , is a predator with a real eye for goal ....... but if we don't play to his strengths he'll struggle , and he won't look the player that we all know he can be ....... but his goals against Aris showed how well he can finish if the right balls are played often enough to him.
Top post bn

simon23 said:
in my opinion it is not balo's ability that is in question....he has bundles of ability

Im not so sure that dzeko has the right attributes to do that...or whether he is good enough to do that in this league

And yet you question Dzeko's ability? He's been one of the best strikers in Europe for the past 2 years. Banging them in in the Champions League, WCQ and Bundesliga (against teams like Bayern and Dortmund).

BIG DONKEY said:
simon23 said:
in my opinion it is not balo's ability that is in question....he has bundles of ability

Im not so sure that dzeko has the right attributes to do that...or whether he is good enough to do that in this league

And yet you question Dzeko's ability? He's been one of the best strikers in Europe for the past 2 years. Banging them in in the Champions League, WCQ and Bundesliga (against teams like Bayern and Dortmund).

im questioning his ability in this league....which is harder (even by dzekos own admission) than any of the other leagues he has played in....lots of players come to the prem and cannt handle it...

True but he has acomplished far more than Balotelli who has yet to prove hmiself anywhere

give him time

BIG DONKEY said:
True but he has acomplished far more than Balotelli who has yet to prove hmiself anywhere

give him time

giving him time is fine...next season.....with him in the side at present we arent performing as well going forward as we were...and this could wreck our chances of a top 4 finish

dzeko has everything, we just need to get him on the ball more often, very confident he will be a very improtant player for us

balo, has everything, but so far hasnt shown us most of it. im 100% sure if he had NDJ's attitude everyone would give him time.

judge them both this time next year guys!

panzer1311 said:
danburge82 said:
Work rate, effort, easy five yard passes, first touch and close control do not take settling in time to improve. £25m and £27m players should have these from minute one in their first game.

But the overall quality of their performances and consistency do take settling in time to gain, in some cases that can take two years to achieve a high level of consistent quality.

So it's a hard one.
I couldnt have worded it better my self......thanks mate .....Im not an Idiot after all hahahaha

No you're not an idiot. You question what you see in front of you, there's nowt up with that. I'm sure you're patient enough to give these players time and will be behind them during that time. But ...... [see my post above]

panzer1311 said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Would the Gorgeous Greek ever be top scorer in the Bundesliga?

Balotelli might only put in ten mins effort, but how long to score a goal? Ten secs. He's well in credit!
Good point about Gorgeous George ....as for Balo...........how much do we pay him?, how much did he cost ?...............He's not in credit as far as im concerned

pls understand that we signed balo for 5 years....... he wil be here for atleast 2 years........ so pls give him a season before writing him off.................
some of the city fans dont have enough footballing knowledge to know how a 20 year old next big thing in football develops..........

city has never had to deal with young talents like balotelli..............
so grow up... thats all.............

For me there is no issue with balo's work rate. He would get called a headless chicken if he ran around in circles

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.