My new dog

Sleepy boy...
1199a9476d385ac41c47e41d2f859f4a.jpg
65303f19d4618ce5f047d929eb4101bd.jpg

Any tips on using a cage for your dog in the house, never used them for my other dogs but I’m thinking to stop any destructiveness and at night whilst we are in bed then it maybe best to have one this time until it’s a lot older.

Any tips on using a cage for your dog in the house, never used them for my other dogs but I’m thinking to stop any destructiveness and at night whilst we are in bed then it maybe best to have one this time until it’s a lot older.
Arthur took to his crate first night. He has a little run attached to it so he isn't caged in. Fully stocked with water and blankets. Loves his blankets.

Meet the new main fella in the Gazinio house, 16 year old lad named him Pablo I like to think after Zab but more realistically after Escobar.

First picture is the day we got him at 8 weeks old, 3rd one is yesterday he's almost doubled in size already and runs the house but Jesus Christ I love the little shit

View attachment 19451View attachment 19452View attachment 19453
0509C003-00B5-4AAA-9DEE-460AC0B83736.jpegThis is maggie our 10 month old boston
Shall we say shes quite high energy

Ours is 5 months old now and has been brought up using a cage. He goes in of his own accord at night when hes tired. I'm no expert but i think you need to make the dog feel like its a safe place where he/she can chill out rather than it being a punishment. I will also give you peace of mind when you have to leave him/her for a few hours knowing nothing is being destroyed. Its also good to put them in if they get over excited and start chewing your hands.
Mine has a bit of a moan when he has to go in during the day if my wife has to go out, but he's usually fast asleep when she gets back.

Wouldn't be without one for any new pup. They will take to it easily and when you're out the dog cannot harm itself or your furniture.
Put it's food in there and paper down at back of cage.
Have cage in a position where the dog can see you when it's in there for first week or so.

We got this little guy 4 weeks ago from a friends son who was struggling to look after. He is 5 months old and has been brilliant up to now. Our first dog for over 15 years. My wife has retired so has plenty of time to spend with him, and my daughter loves him to bits. As you can see, he's really settled in.
View attachment 19449
He is absolutely lovely.

A friend just adopted a Blue Healer mix from the shelter, she said she felt terrible as there were two similar dogs and she had to choose, oh well, what can you do? New dog just starting to think he’s finally out of jail for good, great to see

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.