My new dog

Neither did i until i came home one day to find my puppy dead after getting in the rubbish bin.
Cages are not a punishment and when used properly become the dogs go-to place for peace.
My dogs sleep in a crate and often choose to revisit it during the day for a bit of peace. If I have to go out, they also go in. I also have twin crates in the car for their, and my, safety. Most of the day, they are with me in the local park or by my side on the couch - balance is all.

I don't believe in putting dogs in cages,FFS
Arthur sleeps in his with the door open as he has a small area to relax in outside. It's his safe place. He goes in when he's tired or when he wants food and water. We only shut the outer door at night. 10.30pm. Bed time for him.

Went away in the last bank holiday, took his cage, he was fine. All his usual smells.

When he's older and not prone to chewing the crap out of everything he'll just have the cage with the door always open.

Do your dogs just sleep where they like?

Start slowly by chucking a few treats in it so the dog gets used to going and out. Encourage sleeping in it by putting him in when he settles in for a nap in the day. Make it cosy by covering it on 3 sides with a blanket and put toys inside. This makes it a nice place to be rather than a punishment. Start slowly, close the door for 2 mins, then later 5. Next day 10 and so on. Within a week he will hopefully be going in of his own accord for a rest. If he barks and performs, ignore him. When he goes in and out dont make a fuss, just make it normal. As someone else said, wear an old tshirt for a few days and then put that in the crate if you are going out
Worked with the pup me and my last lady had and he used to put himself to bed in it when the door was open. My lad was 7 months when I had him and had never been crate trained but the dobbers I had him from were never out because they didnt work and they didnt take him out the lazy twats. I tried it slowly and the first time I went to work I came home after 4 hours and he was sat on the sofa in the conservatory looking at me. The cage looked like the one they pulled out of the sea in Jaws, it was like a car had driven over it. Stressed him so much he mangled it. Thankfully he has never really destroyed anything at home, socks kegs and slippers aside. Good as gold now but its time and patience and they are hard work to train, no doubt about that. You get out what you put in for sure. My advice is a crate is best if you start them off in it very young, they come to like it there at night. Mine is just mental as fuck, big personality

Neither did i until i came home one day to find my puppy dead after getting in the rubbish bin.
Cages are not a punishment and when used properly become the dogs go-to place for peace.
Just shows you with puppy's you need to move rubbish bins and everything out of the way, it's hard sorry for your loss.

Arthur sleeps in his with the door open as he has a small area to relax in outside. It's his safe place. He goes in when he's tired or when he wants food and water. We only shut the outer door at night. 10.30pm. Bed time for him.

Went away in the last bank holiday, took his cage, he was fine. All his usual smells.

When he's older and not prone to chewing the crap out of everything he'll just have the cage with the door always open.

Do your dogs just sleep where they like?
Bluey our Cockapoo sleeps on the bed at the end,some people leave there dog from morning till night in a cage till they come home from work which I don't agree.We are both retired so Bluey is always free to roam about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.