My only wish for our Euro campaign going forward

IrelandSuperman

Is: please, no Europa League. Please. It's gash and will fuck up our PL push.

Call me defeatist, but there it is. Please discuss.

Europa league is by far the best competition to be in. Look at the away days we've had!

It will also give us some experience in Europe and boost our co-efficient points.

I've seen us win everything in England, now I want abroad!

We need all the practice in Europe we can get, not that I believe we'll qualify for it anyway. The way things are going we're destined to finish this group with 2 measly points.

From a selfish point of view I would want to see some Euro football of any kind, and once yer get rid of those teams that MANUre always seemed to get in their group, some of the teams are not too bad.

It will bugger up any pretensions to retaining the PL title that we have but a squad of our quality (admittedly when you see last night's offering it might only be a paper squad!) should be able to cope with Europa League to the latter stages AND maintain a top four place. I think CFC will not do a MANUre nor Dippers capitulation so we have had it for the title. And we aren't playing like title-winners. Moaninho knows how to strangle teams and get a result when he needs one!

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
From a selfish point of view I would want to see some Euro football of any kind, and once yer get rid of those teams that MANUre always seemed to get in their group, some of the teams are not too bad.

It will bugger up any pretensions to retaining the PL title that we have but a squad of our quality (admittedly when you see last night's offering it might only be a paper squad!) should be able to cope with Europa League to the latter stages AND maintain a top four place. I think CFC will not do a MANUre nor Dippers capitulation so we have had it for the title. And we aren't playing like title-winners. Moaninho knows how to strangle teams and get a result when he needs one!

Dave it isn't selfish it is something we should grasp with both hands if we end up in the competition and go out to win it. Those saying we should boycott it and finish bottom of our group to just concentrate on the title are talking crap, that kind of decision would only just damage the club further

Doesn't matter as if we did get into the Europa league we'd be knocked out by the first team we faced going on last night's performance. If certain players can't be fully focused and up for the champions league they're never gonna do it in the europa.

BlueMoonz1977 said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:

Dave it isn't selfish it is something we should grasp with both hands if we end up in the competition and go out to win it. Those saying we should boycott it and finish bottom of our group to just concentrate on the title are talking crap, that kind of decision would only just damage the club further

Absolutely BM. We need to have a European presence for as long as it can last but I cannot see us performing at anything like the level that gets you into a Europa league semi or final. I think a lot of blues would look upon it as a distraction and, considering the blatant carve up that comes with the CL, we might be better off out of Platini's season on season hypocrisy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.