My take on today

banbury_blue

The arsehole of the country wishing I wasn't here
I thought the CBs were awesome today, Possibly the best I've seen Kolo play in all his time for us, looked fit and strong, and the way he cut out Bale in the first half when Micah had gone wandering again was a very impressive show of speed and strength.

Kompany was equally as good, the booking was very harsh, but he didn't put a foot wrong, so strong in the air against Crouch, and the final tackle was as good as you will see all season in my eyes, especially when you consider the state of the game and how tired he must have been feeling

We need Boateng back at RB, Richards just looks insecure. Thought Kolarov started okay, and obviously will take time to adapt but he looks like he could be a bit of a hard un to face. Shame he got injured, but Zabba is a more than able substitute on either side. I thought he was gonna get roasted by Lennon, but bar the booking he didn't really seem too tested. A very important sub role for this young man this season I reckon

Can't really praise Hart enough, simply immense. De Jong was his usual biting self and I thought the rest of the lads showed well in the second half.

Maybe SWP is the one in most fear of his place, the effort was there but it just didn't seem to be working for the little fella, Johnson looked lively but I thought the attack could do with a focal point and Adebayor needs to start.

After the showing at WHL last season thou, and obviously the record there over time I can extremely optimistic with a point, Think bigger teams than us will struggle there. We have time to gel before the next Premier game now, and a think we could see a marked improvement in cohesion next time out

Sorry to start a new thread but didn't want to duplicate my view of each players individual threads

I don't understand why Ade didn't start either.

He got a lot of time in pre season, must be fitter and sharper at this moment than Carlito who had what? a grand total of 45 mins against Valencia?

Barry Cheese said:
I don't understand why Ade didn't start either.

He got a lot of time in pre season, must be fitter and sharper at this moment than Carlito who had what? a grand total of 45 mins against Valencia?

to be fair, he didn't look that any sharper when he came on. he had a chance straight away from the free kick but didn't attack the ball correctly, then another down the left hand side, but his chest control was a bit lose and he didn't get onto it let alone get a shot in.

I was particularly unimpressed by the way he grabbed his genitals when mancini was talking to him. What the fuck is that about? dear god.

Cmon Emmanuel, you can do a lot better than that.

See, thats why he'll never be truly great.

A good striker always grabs someone elses genitals, never his own.

banbury_blue said:
I thought the CBs were awesome today, Possibly the best I've seen Kolo play in all his time for us, looked fit and strong, and the way he cut out Bale in the first half when Micah had gone wandering again was a very impressive show of speed and strength.

Kompany was equally as good, the booking was very harsh, but he didn't put a foot wrong, so strong in the air against Crouch, and the final tackle was as good as you will see all season in my eyes, especially when you consider the state of the game and how tired he must have been feeling

We need Boateng back at RB, Richards just looks insecure. Thought Kolarov started okay, and obviously will take time to adapt but he looks like he could be a bit of a hard un to face. Shame he got injured, but Zabba is a more than able substitute on either side. I thought he was gonna get roasted by Lennon, but bar the booking he didn't really seem too tested. A very important sub role for this young man this season I reckon

Can't really praise Hart enough, simply immense. De Jong was his usual biting self and I thought the rest of the lads showed well in the second half.

Maybe SWP is the one in most fear of his place, the effort was there but it just didn't seem to be working for the little fella, Johnson looked lively but I thought the attack could do with a focal point and Adebayor needs to start.

After the showing at WHL last season thou, and obviously the record there over time I can extremely optimistic with a point, Think bigger teams than us will struggle there. We have time to gel before the next Premier game now, and a think we could see a marked improvement in cohesion next time out

Sorry to start a new thread but didn't want to duplicate my view of each players individual threads

Fantastic post ... I agree with it all - I think we will be fine after 3/4 weeks.

Oh and I also agree that we do not need another thread for each player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.