MyHermes

DPD, mislaid a parcel this week due to me worth not peanuts, didn't advise where it was or when I may get it. I'd stayed around all day to ensure it could be signed for. Attempted delivery the next day, left with a contractor on site without signature and then emailed me to tell me my parcel will be with me approximately one hour ago. Struggling with Black Friday it seems.

But Hermes I agree are another level. They once delivered an Xbox 360 to me in a cardboard box, nobody was in so they helpfully left it in the blue bin at front of house, so the note told me. Trouble is, it was bin day and in our neck of the woods blue = paper and cardboard... you can see where this is going... Said bin was empty when I got home, so it's either been crushed for reuse as bog roll or there was one very happy binman running around Manchester that day. I got a replacement Xbox easily enough from the retailer, but I collected it in store to be safe.

My 24hr parcel finally turned today after arriving at the Sheffield Mail Centre at Wednesday tea time, appearing at the Manchester Mail Centre yesterday breakfast. I thought for a while that Royal Mail were operating an eight-hour day and that 24hr Tracking stretched to three working days.

The Hermes lady who delivers to us is very good! DPD are very good. They give you an hour slot, tell you where the driver is, what number parcel you are and which number the driver is currently on! But I think they are German, so it figures.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.