Nabil Fekir

The father of Lyon star Nabil Fekir has revealed his son turned down a move to Manchester City - despite his representatives trying to force through a move.

The 21-year-old has caught the eye during Lyon's run to the top of Ligue 1 this season, scoring nine goals in 23 appearances.

That form has sparked interest from several of Europe's elite clubs, including Arsenal and Manchester City.

But the forward's father, Mohamed Fekir, has now revealed his son rejected a move to the Premier League champions and has split with his representatives as a result.

"They [the representatives] pushed for him to sign for City," Fekir told Foot Mercato.

"But I told them 'if it is the case that he would go to City and find himself on the bench it does not interest me and it does not interest my son either.

"He loves to play, he does not like to be a substitute. They pushed him to sign for City, that's why he preferred to end things with them.

"Manchester [City] were willing. We discussed this with the scouts, but we prefer that Nabil stays here for at least a year. Now is not the time to go abroad.

"To go to City now would be to commit career suicide."

Read more at <a class="postlink" href="http://talksport.com/football/lyon-stars-father-claims-21-year-old-turned-down-manchester-city-switch-150227137909#oWPSoQcUOlUM9JOD.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://talksport.com/football/lyon-star ... lUM9JOD.99</a>

It would appear to me that France have some very hot prospects coming on to the scene and they could be regaining a top quality squad again, much like 1998. With Pogba, lacazette, fekir, Zouma, Mangala etc. the future is bright ! We need to be keeping a close eye on all

Rorz88 said:
It would appear to me that France have some very hot prospects coming on to the scene and they could be regaining a top quality squad again, much like 1998. With Pogba, lacazette, fekir, Zouma, Mangala etc. the future is bright ! We need to be keeping a close eye on all

Really looks like it, this is a possible starting XI for Euro 2016

Lloris

Sagna/Debuchy
Varane
Mangala/Zouma
Kurzawa

Pogba
Matuidi
Cabaye

Griezmann
Benzema
Lacazette

That team I fancy to win either the Euros on home soil or the 2018 WC.

aguero93:20 said:
Rorz88 said:

Lloris

Sagna/Debuchy
Varane
Mangala/Zouma
Kurzawa

Pogba
Matuidi
Cabaye

Griezmann
Benzema
Lacazette

Yea I totally agree mate, quality side. Benzema and sagna will be the wrong side of 30 but I am sure they will have more than able people to step in, ie lacazette for Karim and fekir in up top

Sounds like City have no chance of signing this guy!....this isn't good PR for the club! For good players from Europe to say they would only play for Arsenal as they don't want to sit on the bench at City.....that's not good for a club that needs to bring in younger talent...

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
Sounds like City have no chance of signing this guy!....this isn't good PR for the club! For good players from Europe to say they would only play for Arsenal as they don't want to sit on the bench at City.....that's not good for a club that needs to bring in younger talent...

Even if there is a slight substance behind it, don't fall for that bs of an excuse, it is nothing else than an attempt to rip ridiculous wages from us.

My concern is London always had a greater appeal to foreign prospects, hence why the likes of the Arse or the chavs had the upper hand to sign them.
To make it for that handicap, we have to pay the bigger wages in order to attract serious first tier players.

Rorz88 said:

Lloris

Sagna/Debuchy
Varane
Mangala/Zouma
Kurzawa

Pogba
Matuidi
Cabaye

Griezmann
Benzema
Lacazette

Schniderlin would be in before Matuidi or Cabaye for me, Laporte's arguably better than Zouma or Mangala, Rabiot or Digne could have breakthrough season's next season, a strong squad all the same.

Kun Aguero said:
Rorz88 said:

Lloris

Sagna/Debuchy
Varane
Mangala/Zouma
Kurzawa

Pogba
Matuidi
Cabaye

Griezmann
Benzema
Lacazette

Schniderlin would be in before Matuidi or Cabaye for me, Laporte's arguably better than Zouma or Mangala, Rabiot or Digne could have breakthrough season's next season, a strong squad all the same.

Laporte, Schneiderlin and Rabiot I would definitely have in the squad. Digne I'm not so sure about,

ZZmaestro said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:

Even if there is a slight substance behind it, don't fall for that bs of an excuse, it is nothing else than an attempt to rip ridiculous wages from us.

My concern is London always had a greater appeal to foreign prospects, hence why the likes of the Arse or the chavs had the upper hand to sign them.
To make it for that handicap, we have to pay the bigger wages in order to attract serious first tier players.

Assuming, for a moment, this report is true, I think we've dodged a bullet. He's saying a) Arsenal's squad us weaker than ours so there's less chance of being left out, which is an insult to them even if it's true and b)it's a condition of his signing that he plays. That's a catastrophic condition for a club to acquiesce to. Suppose he's shit or takes time to settle in. If you drop him, his dad starts making waves, if you play him, the player you're leaving out starts whingeing. Poor attitude and not what we want or need.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.