Nadal beaten in Paris!!!

GoForGlory said:
Ever since that Wimbledon match between Söderling and Nadal that went on forever last year or the year before I've been watching this guy's progress a little bit. I'm not a big tennis fan, but the huge games are always fun. Sadly I missed this but it's of course amazing.

It's felt like these guys have hated eachother ever since Wimbledon, but of course there hasn't been a reason to hype it up when they're up against eachother because Söderling of course hasn't had a chance. So this is huge!

Soderling took the piss out of Nadal if I remember rightly.

Nadal does seem to struggle against players who hit the ball flat and hard consistently like Blake, Soderling, Youzhny etc.

I definitely expect Murray to win a slam this year PoolHustler, he was unlucky in the Australian Open where Verdasco played ridiculous tennis (90 odd percent first serves in I think)

Ntini77 said:
GoForGlory said:
Ever since that Wimbledon match between Söderling and Nadal that went on forever last year or the year before I've been watching this guy's progress a little bit. I'm not a big tennis fan, but the huge games are always fun. Sadly I missed this but it's of course amazing.

It's felt like these guys have hated eachother ever since Wimbledon, but of course there hasn't been a reason to hype it up when they're up against eachother because Söderling of course hasn't had a chance. So this is huge!

Soderling took the piss out of Nadal if I remember rightly.

Nadal does seem to struggle against players who hit the ball flat and hard consistently like Blake, Soderling, Youzhny etc.

I definitely expect Murray to win a slam this year PoolHustler, he was unlucky in the Australian Open where Verdasco played ridiculous tennis (90 odd percent first serves in I think)

Its only a matter of time really-he's that good. And with Nadal's injuries and Federer becoming less of a threat these days I can see Murray dominating mens tennis for 4 or 5 years.

Paylor_Shade_Of_Blue said:
Shit, I'm fucked!! I had a bet with a mate a couple of years ago that Murray would never win a grand slam, looks like i fucked this one up, and will be paying out a one-er in the near future.

Why ?

He's always had the potential just needed to getting fitter basically which unfortunately for you, he has.

Ntini77 said:
Paylor_Shade_Of_Blue said:
Shit, I'm fucked!! I had a bet with a mate a couple of years ago that Murray would never win a grand slam, looks like i fucked this one up, and will be paying out a one-er in the near future.

Why ?

He's always had the potential just needed to getting fitter basically which unfortunately for you, he has.

It was a moment of ignorance, and i thought he didn't have the power to win in the modern game, shows what i know.

The worse thing is though, there's no realistic way i can put a saver on to cover my bet.

Watched it earlier and have just watched it again on Eurosport. He completely neutralised Nadal's game with hard, low, deep shots.

And his apres-match interview was classy as hell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.