Name a player who can improve our starting Eleven

kun said:
Robert Jordan said:
Xavi is available?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-news-transfer-rumours-3530306" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... rs-3530306</a>
Sign him for NYCFC and loan him here until February?

Nice idea

is NYCFC starting next year or the one after ?

ello_jo said:
Thiago Silva
Fabregas
Vidal
Reus
Di Maria
Cavani

in that order

I like the sound of these,.... if only we didn't have FFP to consider

unfortunately I can only see one of these joining us this summer, Fabregas or Di Maria (not both)

Buy: Eliaquim Mangala
Ashley Cole

Sell: Joleon Lescott
Gael Clichy/Kolarov
Javi Garcia
Costel Pantilimon
Gareth Barry
Luca Scapuzzi
Alex Nimely

Loan: Albert Rusnak
John Guidetti
George Evans
Karim Rekik
Marcos Lopes
Jordi Hiwula

This would leave us with a squad that would have enough home-grown players and at least 2 player per position as well. So that would be 11 home-growns in the first team squad and then not to forget that our 6 loaned out players are all home-grown too so we can set clauses in their contracts that would mean they can be recalled at anytime if need be.

GK: Joe Hart (HG)
Ian Lawlor (HG)
Richard Wright (HG)

RB: Pablo Zabaleta
Micah Richards (HG)

CB: Vincent Kompany
Eliaquim Mangala
Dedryck Boyata (HG)
Matija Nastasic
Martin Demichelis

LB: Ashley Cole (HG)
Gael Clichy (HG) / Aleksandar Kolarov

CM: Yaya Toure
Fernandinho
Jack Rodwell (HG)
Emyr Huws (HG)

RM: Jesus Navas
James Milner (HG)
Scott Sinclair (HG) (Would love to see MP give him a chance but apparently he's off to a London club in the Summer)

LM: Stevan Jovetic
David Silva
Samir Nasri

ST: Edin Dzeko
Sergio Aguero
Alvaro Negredo

Jimfv1 said:
kun said:
Robert Jordan said:
Xavi is available?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-news-transfer-rumours-3530306" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... rs-3530306</a>
Sign him for NYCFC and loan him here until February?

Nice idea

is NYCFC starting next year or the one after ?
March 2015

MLS season goes from March to October of the same year.

DavidT95 said:
Buy: Eliaquim Mangala
Ashley Cole

Sell: Joleon Lescott
Gael Clichy/Kolarov
Javi Garcia
Costel Pantilimon
Gareth Barry
Luca Scapuzzi
Alex Nimely

Loan: Albert Rusnak
John Guidetti
George Evans
Karim Rekik
Marcos Lopes
Jordi Hiwula

This would leave us with a squad that would have enough home-grown players and at least 2 player per position as well. So that would be 11 home-growns in the first team squad and then not to forget that our 6 loaned out players are all home-grown too so we can set clauses in their contracts that would mean they can be recalled at anytime if need be.

GK: Joe Hart (HG)
Ian Lawlor (HG)
Richard Wright (HG)

RB: Pablo Zabaleta
Micah Richards (HG)

CB: Vincent Kompany
Eliaquim Mangala
Dedryck Boyata (HG)
Matija Nastasic
Martin Demichelis

LB: Ashley Cole (HG)
Gael Clichy (HG) / Aleksandar Kolarov

CM: Yaya Toure
Fernandinho
Jack Rodwell (HG)
Emyr Huws (HG)

RM: Jesus Navas
James Milner (HG)
Scott Sinclair (HG) (Would love to see MP give him a chance but apparently he's off to a London club in the Summer)

LM: Stevan Jovetic
David Silva
Samir Nasri

ST: Edin Dzeko
Sergio Aguero
Alvaro Negredo
That would be weakening our squad. Surely you can't believe we can compete on all fronts with a player constantly injured and a kid only proved at u21/ lower league level to be our backup centre mids? Cole for kolarov is a downgrade kolarov has been brilliant this season. Zabaleta can't do another season like this one playing every game because Richards is always injured. None of them backup keepers are capable of standing in for premier league champions.

I'll agree with you that I have left us looking short in the centre of midfield, I maybe tried to make it too home-grown orientated. Although I do believe that Micah but particularly Rodwell, can be a very good player for us if he can have a full pre-season under his belt and stay on top of his fitness/injuries. If the 21 roster is applied to us for the Champions League I can see Pants being sacrificed to make the cut but again you're right with the standard of goalkeeping backup. Apparently we've agreed a deal with Porto for Fernando just there tonight for £16.5m so that would mean we could loan Huws out again! Problem solved! haha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.