Name the year Swales said this......

Lee stitched himself up.
What an horrible piece of shit he is and shouldn’t be allowed near the club.
If you want to hate someone, hate Francis Lee

After reading colin bells book and the fact he brought in ball, and ruined the badge and built that shite kippax stand, and I am not old enough to have seen him play for us so don't get so mushy about him, I agree not fond of his chairmanship at all. Him amd swales were bobbins.
Bernstien and Wardle were a godsend after these 2 and thank fuck we got Taksin as I got a free thai curry and disco in albert sqaure ;-) and he was on the run in the middle east so was a factor in what happened next.

I remember looking at the crowd figures in The Pink and wondered how they got their figures so low when the ground was so full...of course it helps if you only count say 75% of them and pocket the rest...

After reading colin bells book and the fact he brought in ball, and ruined the badge and built that shite kippax stand, and I am not old enough to have seen him play for us so don't get so mushy about him, I agree not fond of his chairmanship at all. Him amd swales were bobbins.
Bernstien and Wardle were a godsend after these 2 and thank fuck we got Taksin as I got a free thai curry and disco in albert sqaure ;-) and he was on the run in the middle east so was a factor in what happened next.
Lee didn't ruin the badge. The bloke who owned / ran the souvenir shop owned the rights to the badge. The two could not agree on the terms of the badge (I think it was way more complex than that) so the club simply designed a new one.
Same I think with the Kippax, someone will correct me, but I think the plans were already in place to build it that way. Lee tried to get a years exemption from going all seated in 94 based on the fact he had just taken over and wasn't happy with the design / plans. This request was turned down and it was built as planned.

If you read David Conn's book, Lee's vision was pretty much focused on future share issues and his astute business brain which correctly understood that the new Sky money was big money and money that would make him wealthier than what he already was.
I don't doubt he had the vision, but lacked the capability to carry it off. I think a lot of self-made men kid themselves into thinking they are amazing businessmen, because they've made a few quid in a particular field. Their success is frequently based on being in the right place at the right time. That said, good luck to them. They've worked hard for their money and deserve for it to make them happy.

Lee didn't ruin the badge. The bloke who owned / ran the souvenir shop owned the rights to the badge. The two could not agree on the terms of the badge (I think it was way more complex than that) so the club simply designed a new one.
Same I think with the Kippax, someone will correct me, but I think the plans were already in place to build it that way. Lee tried to get a years exemption from going all seated in 94 based on the fact he had just taken over and wasn't happy with the design / plans. This request was turned down and it was built as planned.

Irrespective of the badge ownership, as we all know we had to change it, he ruined it because he signed off on the shite one we got, hated the beswick buzzard and still do city badge or not, we could have come up with better.

The new kippax was still shit and I blame swale more as he probably had that design made up but as it was built when he was chairman he gets joint blame.

Think I've told this story before, but I remember going to an NCT new mums afternoon at this woman's house in Bowdon.

Went in and there were photos of Swales everywhere. Turns out he was her father.

He was actually my idol as a player. I didn’t have another one until my mate forced me to choose someone, I chose tueart.
A lot happier with that choice.

I didn’t know if Lee would be a good chairman or not, but fans met him and still pushed for him to take control.
How did they fail to see, what a complete tool he is?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.