Naming of the stands

fathellensbellend

I was wondering why we only have the colin bell stand, I think it would give the ground more identity if we named the other stands, and in turn recognise some of our legends, or even name some sections of the ground, ie the upper tiers etc.

If it ever was to happen who would people like nominating, personally would love to see behind the goals, trautmann and swift, maybe an upper and lower section named in honour of each.

and surely mercer and Allison should be honoured in some way, maybe jointly.

surely would be far better than the bland north, south and east we are currently stuck with.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I think they should re-name the Colin Bell Stand the West Stand for reasons of geography and continuity.

I have written to the club about this on several occasions, but I am yet to receive any response.
I'd agree with this policy as I'm sick of having to sit on a Bell End seat

squirtyflower said:
I think they should re-name the Colin Bell Stand the West Stand for reasons of geography and continuity.

I have written to the club about this on several occasions, but I am yet to receive any response.
Me too, especially if it's next to you.

I once heard that Spurs were going to rename the Upper and lower levels of the West Stand after one of their former players.

They were going to be known as Gazza's Tiers.

Boom Tish.

The North stand has to be called the erm..... North stand on every stadium for the emergency services.

I'd love us to have a Kippax stand just for the history.

squirtyflower said:

Hey Squirty, yer sounding like the knobs on the telly who go on about the Bell End - it's a fuckin' side not an end.

Anyway, I renamed the South Stand three seasons ago 'The Dave Ewing Stand' and the East Stand 'The Trautmann Stand'. The North Stand? I'm open to suggestions - The Ben Thatcher Stand, The Danny Tiatto Stand or at a pinch The Lee Bradbury Stand. What about 'The Joey Nobrat Stand! I really fancy The Garrincha Stand. I know he didn't play for us but it's the end where Elano smacked in that free kick v The Barcodes. What would be really nice would be The 1-6 Stand! Permanent reminder! Just as we see at The Swamp Old Trafford, Manchester!

Sheikh said:
The North stand has to be called the erm..... North stand on every stadium for the emergency services.

I'd love us to have a Kippax stand just for the history.

This isn't true for other stadiums (unless it applies only to Manchester). Wolves Molineux for example has 4 stands all named after club ledgends

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.