Nasri

Akira

20m for Nasri

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2013/02/27/3783710/manchester-city-willing-to-take-7m-hit-on-nasri?source=breakingnews&ICID=HP_BN_3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2 ... ID=HP_BN_3</a>

Manchester City are willing to listen to offers for Samir Nasri this summer, Goal.com understands.

The Premier League champions value the Frenchman at around the £18 million mark and are ready to cash in on him if their asking price is met.
As revealed by Goal.com in December, Nasri is unsettled in Manchester and wants to leave the Premier League champions, with a return to London his preferred move.

Nasri joined City from Arsenal for around £25m in August 2011 but City are believed to be willing to sell the attacking midfielder at a considerable loss in order to clear his £175,000-a-week wages off the Etihad Stadium wage bill.

Interested clubs are set to be quoted a figure of around £18m for the 25-year-old in the forthcoming transfer window.

Manager Roberto Mancini used an interview with The Guardian last week to express his frustration with some of his players this season, name-checking Nasri and Joe Hart.

"I think Samir has fantastic qualities," Mancini said. "With his quality, he should always play well. Every game he could be the difference. A player of this quality could be one of the best players in Europe. But it's not happening.

"Sometimes a player thinks it's enough what they did the year before and doesn't understand that every day they should improve.

"If you are a top player you know you can improve until the last day of your career but sometimes you get players who think it is not important to work and this is their worst mistake.

"Samir can do better than this year. He is a top player but he has not been playing at his level.”

Mancini then added: "You win the title, then you think it's enough to play 50 per cent and you don't arrive the next year."

Nasri was considering his future even before Mancini's public attack but only a small elite of clubs have the financial power to offer the player an escape route from Manchester.

Goal.com revealed earlier this month that wealthy Monaco are keen to lure Nasri and his team-mate Carlos Tevez to France this summer.

The ambitious Ligue 2 leaders, who are expected to be promoted to Ligue 1, are bankrolled by Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev and are able to offer tax-free salaries in order to tempt top players to the principality.

Please. Someone take him.

Re: 20m for Nasri

Will be lucky to get that much for him, what a major disappointment he has been.
Not prepared to roll his sleeves up and get hurt when it matters.
If he's worth 20m Zab is worth 50m.

If Monaco did come in for both Nasri and Tevez with good offers (£20M & £25M) that would be fantastic for all parties
If I were a player, I'd walk to Monaco to sign

The Pink Panther said:
If Monaco did come in for both Nasri and Tevez with good offers (£20M & £25M) that would be fantastic for all parties
If I was a modern day footballer I would just get on my private jet after my chauffeur driven car had got me to the airport then get the limo waiting for me eat at a Michelin star restaurant while supping on £10,000 champagne then sign the contract while looking at my £500k Cartier watch
You can walk if you like just seems silly to me

The Pink Panther said:
Actually, I would still keep Tevez. But I guess this opinion's not popular here.

Akira said:
Actually, I would still keep Tevez. But I guess this opinion's not popular here.

The problem being is that Tevez will run down his contract and be worth nothing the following summer. For me, he has peaked and his form this season has been down on previous years. A great player for us, whose goals carried us one season but now time to move on and rebuild the team.

As Mancini has alluded to, we made a big mistake not really strengthening our first team in the summer. This time, the same mistake will not be made and players like Kolo Toure, Balotelli, Santa Cruz, Bridge, Tevez, Nasri will all be off the wage bill to make room for 2 or 3 top signings. That's what we need.

Abbeygoo said:
Akira said:

The problem being is that Tevez will run down his contract and be worth nothing the following summer. For me, he has peaked and his form this season has been down on previous years. A great player for us, whose goals carried us one season but now time to move on and rebuild the team.

As Mancini has alluded to, we made a big mistake not really strengthening our first team in the summer. This time, the same mistake will not be made and players like Kolo Toure, Balotelli, Santa Cruz, Bridge, Tevez, Nasri will all be off the wage bill to make room for 2 or 3 top signings. That's what we need.

Santa Cruz and Bridge aren't on our wage bill. Their salaries (and any potential transfer value) were written off along with Adebayor's wages in the "one off" costs in the last accounts where we posted record losses

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.