Nastasic

worsleyweb said:
He is good and has great potential but I think he should be 3rd choice when the new guy gets fit.
Sure you don't wanna see the "new guy" first before pronouncing judgment?

If you look at the best defenders in the world over the last three years nearly all of them are many years older than Nasty. It's inevitable he will have, like all players, bad spells the problem is his position is high risk and you can't get carried by players around you unlike higher up the pitch. You'd be hard pressed to find many others his age being ever presents in top end sides, we just need to get him out of the firing line for a while and all will be well

pudge said:
As much as I rate him he can't head the ball to save his life.

Shades of 50p head Sibierski.
By head the ball, do you mean when attempting to score, or when defending? Coz if you are talking about defensive headers, that is actually one of his strenghts.

daxman said:
pudge said:

By head the ball, do you mean when attempting to score, or when defending? Coz if you are talking about defensive headers, that is actually one of his strenghts.
Not winning a header but directing one. Hence the 50p head reference.

The one to Nasri before the first last Sunday was one of the rare instances he picked out a blue shirt.

And before anyone labels me a Nastasic hater, as history dictates will happen, I rate him very highly and realize he is very young but it's just one of those small things I've noticed because as a defender he does have to head the ball a lot.

MC ID said:
If you look at the best defenders in the world over the last three years nearly all of them are many years older than Nasty. It's inevitable he will have, like all players, bad spells the problem is his position is high risk and you can't get carried by players around you unlike higher up the pitch. You'd be hard pressed to find many others his age being ever presents in top end sides, we just need to get him out of the firing line for a while and all will be well
This is not true.
Madrid: Varane: Would be the starter over Pepe if healthy.
Dortmund: Hummels and Subotic: Starters at 19 respectively.
Shalke: Papadoupolous: Started at 18 for Shalke
PSG: Marquinhos

There are enough of these good young players, doing well. Ours is no different. Good player, getting better.

I thought Nastasic got stitched up yesterday maybe a throw back to the crap united threw at him last week
The 2nd goal ,he confronts the player who then lays the ball off,Nastasic isn't moving and the Villa player crashes into him,he withdrew his leg and that made it look a bit like a foul but he didn't do anything wrong at all
3rd goal it was Kompanys man who scored the goal so I guess they could both be a bit quicker
Villa players were simulating every contact to waste time at the end

pudge said:
daxman said:
pudge said:

Not winning a header but directing one. Hence the 50p head reference.

The one to Nasri before the first last Sunday was one of the rare instances he picked out a blue shirt.

And before anyone labels me a Nastasic hater, as history dictates will happen, I rate him very highly and realize he is very young but it's just one of those small things I've noticed because as a defender he does have to head the ball a lot.
I see.

Freestyler said:
He had a bit of a shocker yesterday, probably his worse game in a city shirt.

nothing to worry about though.
If that is his worst game. Then I am not worried at all. Seeing as Kompany was worse on the day, even though most are pretending they didn't notice. I'll chalk it up as a bad day at the office for both. And move on in hopes of seeing better days.

daxman said:
Freestyler said:
He had a bit of a shocker yesterday, probably his worse game in a city shirt.

nothing to worry about though.
If that is his worst game. Then I am not worried at all. Seeing as Kompany was worse on the day, even though most are pretending they didn't notice. I'll chalk it up as a bad day at the office for both. And move on in hopes of seeing better days.
Kompany 2 tackles, 5 clearances, 98% passing success, 11/11 accurate long balls.

Nastasic 1 tackles, 1 interception, 5 clearances, 92% passing success, 4 fouls given away, 3/4 long balls.

Both not entriely awful performances except obviously for their cock up, but it is hard to notice something that's not true to be fair

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.