#6 | Nathan Aké - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with the previous. Personally, I feel Laporte is a bit injury prone, so I'd rather Ake stays, as a utility player (LB/CM/DM), than have a situation where Fernandinho is put back at CB in an injury crisis and paired up with slow defenders like Eric Garcia and defenders out of form Stones (of last season). I think he also qualifies as home-grown, so he helps with that silly premier league quota.

Got to feel for the lad. Hardly ever injured before we got hold of him
He suffered a couple of injuries, at the end of last season.then a few at the start of this. I wonder if, like Stones after the restart and the start of this season he has been rested and brought back slowly to build up strength, because we had no need to rush him, and like Stones will come back stronger and fitter.

A year is a ridiculously long time to be making predictions - certainly I'd couldn't have predicted Stones would be this good 12 months ago - but I have a feeling Laporte might move in 2022, and Aké will end up being the third choice CB.

I just don't think we're going to keep 3 world class centre backs happy long term, and the Dias-Stones partnership works so perfectly, you can see they have a chemistry and match each others games perfectly in a way that Laporte just doesn't seem to have with either.

So if I was Aké's agent, I'd be telling him that we're unlikely to have all of those 3 ahead of him long term, be patient and make sure you're fully recovered from this injury, have a big second season.

Hopefully they all play well and play enough to stay happy and everyone stays together long term, but clubs like Real and Barca, the Italian big 3 will need starting quality CBs in the next few summer windows so someone is going to be thinking they could play every game somewhere else.

A year is a ridiculously long time to be making predictions - certainly I'd couldn't have predicted Stones would be this good 12 months ago - but I have a feeling Laporte might move in 2022, and Aké will end up being the third choice CB long term.

I just don't think we're going to keep 3 world class centre backs happy long term, and the Dias-Stones partnership works so perfectly, you can see they have a chemistry and match each others games perfectly in a way that Laporte just doesn't seem to have.

So if I was Aké's agent, I'd be telling him that we're unlikely to have all of those 3 ahead of him long term, be patient and make sure you're fully recovered from this injury, have a big second season.

Hopefully they all play well and play enough to stay happy and everyone stays together long term, but clubs like Real and Barca, the Italian big 3 will need starting quality CBs in the next few summer windows so someone is going to be thinking they could play every game somewhere else.
I think we could move to playing 3 at the back more traditionally. Guardiola has gravitated towards it over time with both Barca and Bayern.

We already do when in possession really. Still think Ake could have a part to play as the LB/LCB once he’s fit.
We do it with Walker as a sort of pseudo centre half and we've done it with Rodri and Dinho, we've very rarely done it with 3 centre halves. Guardiola tends to build to it over time.

Hope he is fit soon. He will likely struggle for minutes at first but I thought he played well in his appearances in the beginning of the season, I'm excited to see what he can bring to the squad.

Hope he will stay in the club after the season, depens whats happening in the summer and how much game time he will get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.