#6 | Nathan Aké - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarsLlama

Starts for the Netherlands vs Poland tonight, and it looks like he's at left-back. This is a great chance to see how he does in that position and if we might be better off with him there than Mendy, Zinchenko et al.

Looks solid defensively but offers nothing going forward and makes Walker look like Roberto Carlos. Maybe used in more cautious approach against better teams as a LB otherwise it’s CB understudy to Laporte.

Looks solid defensively but offers nothing going forward and makes Walker look like Roberto Carlos. Maybe used in more cautious approach against better teams as a LB otherwise it’s CB understudy to Laporte.
He would play LB like Walker plays RB for us, in an inverted form. Or Laporte's backup as you said.

He looked weird playing so wide, he is not use to it and it isn't his strength at all, but the Dutch had no choice I guess.

He looked assured. Could control the ball and pass it to his team mates. He looked athletic and a threat from set pieces. He seemed to know how to block crosses and stay close to his opposite number. All up, on first viewing in that position, he seems to offer us something different on that side of the field to what we have in most of those above categories.

I’d still like us to sign an actual left back, but he looks to potentially offer stability there, which for 10-15 games a season against the top teams we sorely lack.

Iso vid vs Poland ... he's a very simple player, mostly 2-touches ... can Pep develop his touches beyond that?

Suits me if these characters have as little of the ball as possible tbh.

Nice that they can knock it around a bit, but I'd much rather watch footballers playing football than defenders playing football personally.

I really like this lad. He's more alert & keen to defend properly, than any of our defenders imo.
If he was as big as Van Dijk, he'd be better than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.