#6 | Nathan Aké - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The comment by Pep in reference to Ake, "Nice guys. They always play good. That's my theory."

is rather ironically opposed to Mourinho we heard in the latest Amazon doc and quite interesting a contrast.

The idea I suspect is that they care about the team. They care about the club. They care to prove themselves to the manager and fans. They care about doing the work and aren't for themselves over this.

The overly "not nice guys" could end up doing things that are outside of the team.

Now when the "guys" are too nice, that is when you have a problem.

Steady. hopefully can adapt to the role more and offer something in possession if he’s to play lb regularly but can’t complain with his performance, looked composed and not out of place. so far he’s been exactly what I expected, reliable, more than capable and won’t let you down. I wanted him 2 seasons ago, It wasn’t a popular view back then but I’m glad we capitalised on Bournemouth’s relegation, convinced he will quickly prove to be fantastic business.

After a long time I felt very assured of our left side of defense, this guy is a natural at that position. Hopefully he keeps it up

He's quickly proving himself to be a great signing. The idea of losing Laporte for 3-4 weeks would previously have felt really damaging but it just doesn't feel like such a big deal now. Feel really assured with him playing there and even though he's young for a CB, I think being such an important player at Bournemouth for a few years has matured him a lot. Half the cost of Maguire as well.

If only John Stones could stay fit and find a bit of focus, we'd be sorted at CB for years to come.

I'm glad he has settled so well, when he signed and was being referred to as a good backup it made me chuckle, anyone who has watched him over the last few years would know we have bought a really good talent who will be fighting to play. I like how he plays on the front foot and has a bloody good accurate pass as well, even under pressure he seems to get the ball to midfield really quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.