#6 | Nathan Aké - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If i have one criticism,he doesn't appear much of a talker/organiser? or am i wrong?
That's something probably happening in due time once he develops more understanding with others around him.

In contrast to Dias who just seems to want to get on as quick as possible, different personalities maybe.

I know people complained about our summer business but Aké was such an underrated bit of business from us. Always thought he was a Pep player whenever I used to see him at Bournemouth and because of the defensive work rate he put in there you can tell he is quite alright and doing well in our side when called upon.

Probably not highlighted as much but for his height he wins a lot of aerial duels for us, quite an underrated trait for a full back. Walker doesn't read as well but I'd say having essentially 4 players in the backline that are aerially solid is a big plus for us.

Maybe it's just me but I really feel he could be a special player for us down the line, due to his technique

Like quite a few here I was predicting good things for Ake in pre-season. I’d seen him in the flesh for Bmth as a Poole based blue. His calibre plus number of PL games under his belt at relatively young age has made his an excellent signing for the price. Chuckling to myself at those in Aug who thought he’d be bobbins.

Aké should be the man to replace VVD for the Netherlands at LCB,
maybe even for the EUROs next summer.

Hope Laporte is mainly fit during the season to share workload.

Aké should be the man to replace VVD for the Netherlands at LCB,
maybe even for the EUROs next summer.

Hope Laporte is mainly fit during the season to share workload.

They have two other very good CBs in De Vrij and De Ligt as well, so it's not a guarentee. I think he will likely remain at LB as they don't really have any other decent options there.

They have two other very good CBs in De Vrij and De Ligt as well, so it's not a guarentee. I think he will likely remain at LB as they don't really have any other decent options there.
If only he hadn't signed for a club with an abundance of left back options then!!

Being our 2nd choice CB is a role I think he's perfect for. I'm not sure he's quite on the level of the others (happy to be proven wrong), but he's nonetheless looking good and I'm convinced he'll be hugely beneficial moving forwards, on and off of the pitch. And I feel far more assured with this guy stepping in than any of our usual options last season, Laporte aside.

I think once he's used to the way we play and is more comfortable taking risks in possession we'll see a big step up in quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.