#6 | Nathan Aké - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were desperate for a steady eddie defender who rarely got injured , it has turned out he has been injured for most of the season and as expected his forward play is not his strong point. Stones renaissance was unexpected and Ake isnt anywhere near his level and Laporte was always going to be preferred at centre back
What i have seen Ake is no more than a squad player who doesnt really suit our style of football , so a strange signing in my view but no doubt Pep will improve him ,its what he does.

I will wait one more season with him before writing him off but so far he played very little time and I dont think we missed him at all.

I dont think he would have played much more if he had been fully fit last 4-5 months, given even Laporte had limited game time and Ake is way behind him in the pecking order. I dont think Pep seriously thinking on giving Ake a run at LB front of Zinchenko, Cancelo, Mendy.

I think he will have very limited game time next season too and then we might offload him 2022 summer for much less than we paid for him which was regarded as a steal by money last summer.

(Dont forget Bournemouth even quoted 75m for him back around 2020 January LOL.)

The reborn of Stones of course put Ake's outlook lot much worse, he is basically replacing Garcia instead of giving a fight for Dias/Laporte for first team.

Even Laporte's world turned big and less than 12 months ago we thought we need a partner for him to have a strong defence becaue Otamendi, Garcia, Fernandinho and Stones are making a mess in CB.

A strange signing and has hardly played. Will be a decent squad player but that’s about it. I always thought he had a little more pace than that shown so far.

No way he should be starting today
Given the circumstances, it was a toss up today between Ake and Garcia. So tbh his selection over a lad who is leaving was a no brainer. It is way too early to write him off, he could still come good and given our luck, doubtless one of the others will be injured soon enough and Ake will be needed.

As it has been mentioned he is just coming back from a long term injury and this his first season at City so cut him some slack

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.