#6 | Nathan Aké - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we should move him on tbh, not so much because of what he's done but because the way dias has come in and stones has improved. We don't need a 40m 4th choice who we have to try and find games for, especially as he doesn't look like a gut who can come in and hit the ground running after no game time.

Want to give him another season

There is a player there, he has shown it at Bournemouth and find it hard to judge when he's never in the squad with Ederson behind him, Dias and Zinchenko next to him etc. He always comes in when we put weaker teams

If he doesn't push on and/or is frustrated by his playing time by summer 2022, I think it lines up quite nicely in selling him and promoting Harwood-Beilles as 4th choice

The club have had so much success so it's hard to complain but I think after all this success it's time we start looking internally for players around Akes level I.e. squad players instead of dropping £40mil on a player who we don't really need

£40m........... this cash could have gone to LB.

Because everybody knew at the time we’d sign a worldie CD (potential Premier League PotY), that Laporte would return to full fitness and that Stones would return from the grave.

If you want a flashback, that defensive display last night was reminiscent of our worst pre-Dias/Nouveau Stones days. Not the same personnel but reminiscent nonetheless.

Finally, let’s be honest, you’re hardly giving the lad a fair chance.

Last edited:
In his defence, he's had an injury and only played a handful of games. On the other hand, we've managed very well without him. Now.... I'd be a bit suprised if he went as he's got a lot of strings to his bow. And he and Garcia got a fair few games this year. Do we suppose Laporte could fill in for both?

Another season for me.

I can really see him becoming a left back next season sharing duties with Zinchenko. He would still be available to fill in as left centre back as needed. He could be a valuable squad member if he can cover those two positions.

Because everybody knew at the time we’d sign a worldie CD (potential Premier League PotY), that Laporte would return to full fitness and that Stones would return from the grave.

If you want a flashback, that defensive display last night was reminiscent of our worst pre-Dias/Nouuveau Stones days. Not the same personnel but reminiscent nonetheless.

Finally, let’s be honest, you’re hardly giving the lad a fair chance.
Unfortunately for him life and football is cruel.

The second coming of John Stones, the return to full fitness of Laporte and the signing of a new leader and outstanding defender in Dias.

Added to that he picked up injuries at vital times, if the club could get back it's money, I think he has little chance of staying.

He needs regular football, and I can't see him getting it with us.

I can really see him becoming a left back next season sharing duties with Zinchenko. He would still be available to fill in as left centre back as needed. He could be a valuable squad member if he can cover those two positions.
Would he a damn site better than buying a 31 year old Betrand...

Ake has what the rest of our centre backs don't have in abundance and that is pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.