#6 | Nathan Aké - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a lot that he can do when you aren't playing (in case you forgot, it's because he's injured). Stop rushing to judge people before they've had a chance. Look at Cancelo, look at Rodri, look at Bernardo, Zabaleta, Goater, Sané etc.

patronising git

Aren't you just reinforcing his point. If you are always injured and can't play then you are a pointless signing.

As it stands he is 3rd choice left back and 4th choice centre back, well he would be if he wasn't permanently crocked.

Any idea about the severity of his injury. It has been months now and I don't think it was ACL or anything. Is something else going on behind the scenes or he is just biding time because of the injury and wants to get a 100% fit

Pep doing a Cancelo on him.

Reactions: kun
Aren't you just reinforcing his point. If you are always injured and can't play then you are a pointless signing.

As it stands he is 3rd choice left back and 4th choice centre back, well he would be if he wasn't permanently crocked.
He's been here less than a year.

Stones looked just as if not even more out in the cold than Aké is last season. Gündogan, de Bruyne, Agüero, Laporte and Kompany all came back from worse injuries. Give the lad a chance.

Just on the CDM thing I saw in the comments, I don't think that's a good idea.

Ake is okay for a passer as a CB, but as a CDM he would be found out pretty quick.

Also the positional awareness you need in that role with your back to goal is way different than at CB where you can see the whole pitch, I hope to never see him there.

Defensive left back or regular left center back for me. Hopefully he can push the starters there.

Just on the CDM thing I saw in the comments, I don't think that's a good idea.

Ake is okay for a passer as a CB, but as a CDM he would be found out pretty quick.

Also the positional awareness you need in that role with your back to goal is way different than at CB where you can see the whole pitch, I hope to never see him there.

Defensive left back or regular left center back for me. Hopefully he can push the starters there.
He could play DM at a pinch, but I see him playing a similar role to Zinchenko.
Left back/Left centre-back/Defensive midfield.

I was just wondering does anyone know how many games he has to start/play in to get a epL winners medal.

If we win it of course.

If Laporte stays next season I can’t see where he gets regular game time other than the cups or baring a big injury to our other three centre backs

in the current system he would be perfect backup for Zinchenkos role but I don’t think he would be as good in the build up as Zin is

Also we could do with signing a real leftback to give us an alternative rather than two players playing out of position

he’s basically been pushed out due to Stones resurgence

If Laporte stays next season I can’t see where he gets regular game time other than the cups or baring a big injury to our other three centre backs

in the current system he would be perfect backup for Zinchenkos role but I don’t think he would be as good in the build up as Zin is

Also we could do with signing a real leftback to give us an alternative rather than two players playing out of position

he’s basically been pushed out due to Stones resurgence
If you look at the injuries to all our centre halves and left backs over the past 10 years, i think its a safe bet to say he'll get ample game time if he himself can get fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.