#6 | Nathan Aké - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be perfect playing the 'Zinchenko' role long term IMO - not having to go up and down the touchline all game, or pop up all over the place like Cancelo, but a good enough footballer to keep things ticking over nicely. Tucking into midfield when needed, playing on the left of a back 3 or a back 4.

More suited to it than Laporte, who looks like a square peg there. Ake is fast, good on the ball and comfortable defending in wide areas.

If you were trying to create the perfect player for that position and role in a lab, chances are you'd end up creating Nathan Ake.

Could be perfect playing the 'Zinchenko' role long term IMO - not having to go up and down the touchline all game, or pop up all over the place like Cancelo, but a good enough footballer to keep things ticking over nicely. Tucking into midfield when needed, playing on the left of a back 3 or a back 4.

More suited to it than Laporte, who looks like a square peg there. Ake is fast, good on the ball and comfortable defending in wide areas.

If you were trying to create the perfect player for that position and role in a lab, chances are you'd end up creating Nathan Ake.
Not sure that he can step into midfield as well as Zinc and not sure that he can play as an attacking left back in the way Mendy did when he first arrived.

He looks to have some great attributes - pace, strength - but I think that he has some work to do to show he is the best option at left back.

"...it was about [the fact] that I can play in multiple positions. They are happy with that and they told me that. I think it’s a bonus that I can play football in three positions." - Ake on Pep signing him.

So yeah, you are pretty bang on. Pep likes his inverted full backs where they are essentially moving from LB to DM. Ake can play CB, LB and DM, which is perfect fit for Pep's system. And I reckon that's why Pep chose him rather than an orthodox LB.

I miss seeing him attack the ball in the air. It's unbelievably pleasing to see him do it.

Maybe our best utility player,so its a huge bonus to have him back on the bench.
cancelo-cropped_1wfabw0czaopd1pnuqa1luvos0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.