#6 | Nathan Aké - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Understandable,in hindsight not the best move for him or us.He will never be good enough to oust our other 3.

He is a decent defender who would do great for a club below top 4.We also have numerous talents emerging in the EDS and a very capable looking Sandler,now injury free.

If we can recoup 3/4 of our money,i think we would.

From the very little I've seen I rate him. I was hoping we might be able to squeeze one more season out of the 4 centre halves by the end of which it might become clear who should move on. I still wouldn't write him off at this stage and although it seems a long shot now I still think he might have a career at City yet

Understandable,in hindsight not the best move for him or us.He will never be good enough to oust our other 3.

He is a decent defender who would do great for a club below top 4.We also have numerous talents emerging in the EDS and a very capable looking Sandler,now injury free.

If we can recoup 3/4 of our money,i think we would.

Think I agree. He looks a good player to me and it’s a shame about the injuries this year. I don’t think anybody anticipated the turnaround from Stones (and Zin to an extent). With Dias taking a left sided CB spot too it makes Ake effectively behind 2 other players in the pecking order.

Not sure who’d have the cash for him mind.

Think I agree. He looks a good player to me and it’s a shame about the injuries this year. I don’t think anybody anticipated the turnaround from Stones (and Zin to an extent). With Dias taking a left sided CB spot too it makes Ake effectively behind 2 other players in the pecking order.

Not sure who’d have the cash for him mind.

Arsenal?

Dunno what he expected though

Laporte was already the #1 CB (and 2nd best in the league behind VVD) at the club and while we signed Dias after Ake joined it was clear we were after a 'star' CB like Dias or Koulibaily

He probably anticipated he would've been ahead of Stones who's turn around is special, but stones was still here as was Garcia....

Injuries definitely haven't helped, but I'd like to see him stay and fight it out for another year, seems a great option when he has played

Would be hard to recoup what we paid for him (which even at the time we all felt it was too much), and his amortised cost atm will still be £32mil

An option could be to let him off on loan, show just how good he is (Bournemouth player of the year for 2/3 years) so we can recoup a good fee for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.