#6 | Nathan Aké - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id like to think he backs himself for at least another season with us. While true our Centre Backs are a lot stronger than when he signed, he's been unfortunate to be out for most of the season so needs to bide his time. I don't recall him letting us down in the games he has played (only one of the back 4 not to give a pen away against Leicester?).

Hopefully, gets a couple of games once the league is wrapped up, has a good Euro's with the Dutch team, comes back has a full pre season and takes his chances when they come next season. Given how Pep like to rotate, the potential for even more games next year (Super Cup, World Club Championship etc...) No reason we can't have 4 top class CB's that are able to slot in any combination

Id like to think he backs himself for at least another season with us. While true our Centre Backs are a lot stronger than when he signed, he's been unfortunate to be out for most of the season so needs to bide his time. I don't recall him letting us down in the games he has played (only one of the back 4 not to give a pen away against Leicester?).

Hopefully, gets a couple of games once the league is wrapped up, has a good Euro's with the Dutch team, comes back has a full pre season and takes his chances when they come next season. Given how Pep like to rotate, the potential for even more games next year (Super Cup, World Club Championship etc...) No reason we can't have 4 top class CB's that are able to slot in any combination
The problem is hes competing with laporte and diaz for that left spot if it was just laporte he would have a chance of some games but as it stands hes 3rd choice. Left back isn't better with zinchenko and cancelo ahead of him there and possibly mendy. If we sign a new left back that makes his chances there almost nothing. Maybe we could use this coming pre season to turn him into a backup dm otherwise i have no idea where he fits in.

The problem is hes competing with laporte and diaz for that left spot if it was just laporte he would have a chance of some games but as it stands hes 3rd choice. Left back isn't better with zinchenko and cancelo ahead of him there and possibly mendy. If we sign a new left back that makes his chances there almost nothing. Maybe we could use this coming pre season to turn him into a backup dm otherwise i have no idea where he fits in.
Dias can play either side, he only plays left when he plays with Stones. Also I'm pretty sure Ake played right side CB against Palace on Saturday and was perfectly fine so I'm sure between the 4 of them they could mix & match. Pep favours Laporte on the left because of his cross field balls

Dias can play either side, he only plays left when he plays with Stones. Also I'm pretty sure Ake played right side CB against Palace on Saturday and was perfectly fine so I'm sure between the 4 of them they could mix & match. Pep favours Laporte on the left because of his cross field balls
In that case hes competing with all 3 and thats not a fight he can win. Hes clearly 4th choice in the pecking order. His only chance is if he does a zinchenko and learn a new position all together.

just watching the highlights of the palace game again, and what a great challenge he made on zaha towards the end of the game.

Feel for the bloke a bit, i cant help but think he's going to have a pretty marginal role at city unless we get completely overcome by injuries. I know he's paid a handsome fortune to sit on the bench but i get the feeling he wont settle for that.

Would not surprise me in the slightest if he's moved on this summer.

just watching the highlights of the palace game again, and what a great challenge he made on zaha towards the end of the game.

Feel for the bloke a bit, i cant help but think he's going to have a pretty marginal role at city unless we get completely overcome by injuries. I know he's paid a handsome fortune to sit on the bench but i get the feeling he wont settle for that.

Would not surprise me in the slightest if he's moved on this summer.

It only takes 1 ACL injury and he could be starting 30 games next season.

Even without a bad injury you'd think Stones and Dias will be knackered after the Euros, Dias will have played about 120 games in 2 seasons.

So they will need a lot of resting in the early parts of the season.

Maybe that Nafan Akers money could have been better spent on his team mate Colin Wilsen the Cherries striker at the time to boost our forward dept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.