Nathan Aké

He is an expensive sub.
If we can move him on and recoup 30m then replace him with a free transfer or THB, that gives us a bit more to play with when getting a striker and midfielder.
THB is on loan to Anderlecht for the season. If we sell Ake in January who do we have as cover?

He is an expensive sub.
If we can move him on and recoup 30m then replace him with a free transfer or THB, that gives us a bit more to play with when getting a striker and midfielder.

Who is there, on a free transfer in January, that is as good, and versitile?

I'm all for giving THB a chance, I really am, but he is on loan and needs to progress. Ake offers cover and an option, is a decent defender, and can fit in at LB at times too.

I don't mind Ake, but hasn't felt the best use of 40 mil, if we can recoup that back and fill that squad spot with either homegrown player or a cheaper option I think it's good business.

The big question for anyone moving to newcastle in January will be do you want to role the dice on relegation though. Much easier for Ake to sit tight at City till summer and go then,

We paid a reported £40m (£41m) for him so I assume we’d expect a similar amount back IF this were to happen?

If he were to say for arguement want to go to reiunitenwith howe and play regularly, surely, it is 50m minimum to tempt us.

4 years left on his contract, young, experienced in the PL, home grown, cost us 40m not that long ago, needs replaced and the market has only gone up. Ben White was sold for more than 50m, Ake surely now is worth that at least.

Not that he is going anywhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.