Nathan Ake

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by shevtheblue, 21 Oct 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shevtheblue

shevtheblue

According to several sources we are in for Ake, i don't get this one tbh. He's a decent enough player but we have Laporte and Stones as the younger two and Vinny & Ota as the experienced duo. Unless Pep see's something in him to play DM, i can't see this ever happening and it seems like his agent is doing the usual thing of pimping City's name out to get a new contract/offer from another team.

2. waspish

waspish

What I’ve seen of him ain’t good enough agent must want a new improve contract.

3. blueparrot

blueparrot

I can see some reasoning Kompany is coming to the end this season and maybe one more, Otamendi could still bring in a fair fee if he isn't seen as long term. Ake can also play left back and is homegrown so could be seen as a Delph replacement too.
    Not seen enough to say whether he's good enough or the best option out there Its not something I worry about much these days happy to leave it to Pep and Txiki, maybe seen as an alternative to De Ligt if we think we can get De Jong easier if we let Barcelona have a run at De Ligt.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Delphinho

Delphinho

Decent player, but would much rather promote Eric Garcia or give Sandler a chance. Ake would probably cost 35m+, and he would not improve the team at all

Tevez City likes this.
  5. cityzens

cityzens

Why looking into Nathan Ake when both De Ligt and De Jong is on the cards?

6. City_Sean

City_Sean

Maybe they can't get De Ligt and Ake is the back up option.

7. pudge

pudge

A decent young player. Fits Spurs' style of transfers, could see a Trippier-esque "rise" there.

Homegrown too, with age on his side, certainly wouldn't lose money in the long run but he's a jack of all trades player atm whereas we're best addressing specific needs with quality.

8. Thaksinssoldier

Thaksinssoldier

There's no way we are in for this lad. Think he's good but we're stacked at that position.

9. doobyedoobye

doobyedoobye

He obviously wants a Jan move or a bumper new deal asap

10. Gabriel

Gabriel

He is decent but not good enough for the level we are at and certainly not for the level we are aiming for. De Ligt and van Dijk remain the favoured pairing at international level, and Ake did nothing to suggest he'll replace either when he played against Belgium last week. We don't need more utility players but players who genuinely warrant a first-team place and who put direct pressure on the incumbent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.