Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also struggle to see a spot for Zinchenko in the team. I think he's going this summer. He won't play ahead of Gundo, Rodri and Ferna in midfield, and probably not Cancelo and Mendy, and adding Aké to the mix who is a much better defender than Zinch, I just cannot see him staying.
Don’t see why he’d want to stay at the age he is now think he could be a regular in his midfield position in a team at a good level, thinking top 4 challenging teams in Germany, Italy, or challengers here, like Wolves. For Zinchenko and Stones as well both should want to kick on their careers with new starts.

Don’t see why he’d want to stay at the age he is now think he could be a regular in his midfield position in a team at a good level, thinking top 4 challenging teams in Germany, Italy, or challengers here, like Wolves. For Zinchenko and Stones as well both should want to kick on their careers with new starts.

Yeah sure I agree, but he insisted on fighting for his place 1-2 years ago. Maybe he still has that mindset but he should be more realistic about his chances.

Yeah sure I agree, but he insisted on fighting for his place 1-2 years ago. Maybe he still has that mindset but he should be more realistic about his chances.

I think if he tries to resist a move, Txiki or someone would take him aside and explain that we're all very grateful but you're leaving as it's best for both. Doubt he'd be playing at all next season if we're making moves at LB or midfield

What I’ve seen of him ain’t good enough agent must want a new improve contract.

And I’m in agreement with you. Ake is half decent, but not the player we're looking for... and neither, at 29 years old, is that guy at Napoli either!

Happy with this, top player and has great potential.

He's not that good mate .... Bournemouth have leaked goals left, right, and centre this season , and Ake's got to take his share of the blame for that ....he's alright , but nothing more .... I think he struggles to really organise a defence too, in the way that you see Virgil Van Dyke does.

We need a top class CB and LB.

I would have confidence in the rest of the squad to deliver if we had a solid back four.

We need to be shopping at Waitrose not Lidl when it comes to defenders.

He's not that good mate .... Bournemouth have leaked goals left, right, and centre this season , and Ake's got to take his share of the blame for that ....he's alright , but nothing more .... I think he struggles to really organise a defence too, in the way that you see Virgil Van Dyke does.
If he was right footed we wouldn’t even consider him. But the way we play and last season’s defensive shitshow means we need a natural left footer back there, just in case anything else happens to Aymeric. The home grown status is another tick in his favour. And relatively cheap is another.
That said, I agree that in my opinion he’s not good enough on what I’ve seen so far to play for us as a first choice for an entire season. Always seems to be last-gap defending with him, because he has previously made bad decisions and positioned himself poorly. Perhaps being in a poor side has exacerbated his frailties but they are there nonetheless.
He’s no kid and he is short.
He’s a walking haircut and a Dutchman who, both things combined, gives people of a certain age Ruud Gullit flashbacks.
Sadly the similarities end there. If he had a shaved head I reckon he’d be playing in the championship next season.
And yet I’d still sign him as he strikes me as an intelligent individual, eminently coachable and might be one of those footballers who generally plays to the level around him. He’s worth the gamble at the price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.