NBA 2019/20

frimpongs_buzzin

I’ve committed myself to watching it this year. Every time they play in London I see all the hype and feel like I’m missing out on something, so I’ve been reading up on it and getting my head around the structure. It’s like trying to learn a new language!

Who’s everyone’s picks to watch?

All I did as a teenager was play basketball. Used to go round Manchester when adidas put in all those baskets around the city and a group of us would get on the bus and go round Manchester challenging other lads in their parks to a game.

Used to watch a lot of NBA and used to go and watch the Manchester Giants when they played at the arena, even went to Birmingham and Wembley to watch them win a few finals.

But watching isn’t as good as playing when it comes to basketball.

If timetouts were banned it’d be a brilliant spectator sport too but any time any team ever starts to gain momentum in a game, the other team calls a time out and any momentum is stopped and it feels like you’re never allowed to see a team ever really get into full flight. Also the fourth quarter is littered with them, just stop-start-stop all the time, and it ruins the last few minutes of close games.

The only acceptable televised basketball is the college playoffs or March Madness as it's known, NBA is dire imo

Growing up in the 90's we begged the council to consider putting basketball courts around Trafford. We got nothing. Nowadays I see loads of unused courts everywhere. Just a shame they were about 10 years behind. I grew up watching Jordan, Barkley, Shaq etc. Like most sports there don't seem to be the characters around anymore.

I live in Dongguan, China and you can't move for basketball courts. Our school has ten of them. There's a dozen courts around the estate/gardens too. Dedicated sports park and arenas are everywhere but is a basketball city. NBA is getting the cold shoulder here, but the pre-season games here were still full. I recently was back in the UK and missed the Basketball World Cup but a few mates were here mixing with the USA and Serbia teams at their gyms. Not liked basketball much but I do think the fans are pretty devout.

I’ve committed myself to watching it this year. Every time they play in London I see all the hype and feel like I’m missing out on something, so I’ve been reading up on it and getting my head around the structure. It’s like trying to learn a new language!

Who’s everyone’s picks to watch?
i root for the raptor's, being a canuck, but i will watch very little of it. there is soooo much better stuff on tv to waste my time on.
I used to watch a lot when younger but can't be arsed now, boring as hell, back and forth, back and forth, like tennis with bad manners.
advice, save yourself some time and watch only the last 3 or 4 minutes of the game, nothing matters before that and it will take a 1/2 hr.
NCAA college basketball is better. The kids never float and just go through the motions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.