NBC today

I would also add, neither of my two sons could afford an adult season ticket that year, so I bought one and they shared it. They had done the shit years with me so can you imagine how I felt when one of them had to miss out on that match.
A proper dad would have given his ticket up but...…….

Oh fuck of come on, you can always get another son but a first league title in 30 years...……………….
44 years

city-2002.ashx

I've had highs in my life and I've had terrible lows. But I've never exprienced the sheer range of contrasting emotions as I did on that day.
Been watching since 1967 and that day was the ultimate reward for years of ups and mostly downs, I had 4 tickets and gave up 2 of them to a potential sponsor of the football club I run so my wife and sons girlfriend had to go to Mary Ds to watch the game, I told them to meet me and my son at the car on 90 mins.......they missed it all !!
And the potential sponsors of my club never sponsored us , my big regret was asking them in the first place !!

I've had highs in my life and I've had terrible lows. But I've never exprienced the sheer range of contrasting emotions as I did on that day.

I said pretty much the same after the Gillingham Play-off. I found myself saying pretty much the same after the QPR game. I cannot possibly imagine me saying it again in my lifetime ~ nothing could ever beat the mixture of emotions of that glorious May afternoon at the Etihad.

Sod it. Been watching the old games on nbcsn over breakfast for the past few weeks but this morning after Chelsea v Spurs 4-4 they had Arsenal & the rags, so went back to bed to say good morning to the missus. Don't know why they can't say at the start which games they'll be showing.

We had our 2 1/2 year-old grandson with us, and Mrs Vienna took a brilliant photo of him post-match with his arm around the back of his neck looking very pensive trying to work out what the fuck he had just witnessed.

Ahhh just catching this!

The most insane, incredible, stressful match ever. Also the only time I've ever cried watching sport...
I watch the highlights regularly and I still fill up when Sergio runs off down the touchline and all the blues are going bonkers. Still magic.

We had our 2 1/2 year-old grandson with us, and Mrs Vienna took a brilliant photo of him post-match with his arm around the back of his neck looking very pensive trying to work out what the fuck he had just witnessed.
My son and me went for a poet-match curry and we were just drained, mentally & physically. We barely said a word to each other.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.