NDJ doubters ... do you need further evidence ??

kippaxblue76 said:
Sabster said:
Again, I am happy to accept he is good and useful to have in the squad.

Just not world class or close to it.

Just good and useful isn't good enough for us as Mancini knows so why didn't he replace him? What about the points i made earlier or are you choosing to ignore them?

Good and useful is good enough for us, we can't have best in the world in every position.

I responded to your point about Blackburn? Are you choosing to ignore that? I don't recall any other points that you have made.

Sabster said:
No I am just doubting your claims of intelligence.

You are either very intelligent or do not follow football massively

You can not be both and think De jong is world class.

I know lots of people with iQs above 150 who follow football and who do not rate De Jong at all.

You don't know anyone with an IQ above 150. 150 is the top millionth of a percentile in the world, and after being in education for a long time, attending many,many lectures and studying/mentoring with some of the greatest minds in my field (in particularly, James Gosling, and Dennis Ritchie), I've still never met anyone like that. Those people are usually great leaders in their field.

Even if you did (which you don't), IQ doesn't mean intelligence, especially on a sport based science such as football.

I class myself as pretty knowledgeable. I am a scientist by nature, I use logic to draw conclusions, I have graded the works of others in my particular field; as football is considered, I played for a professional team at youth level, and have coached various age groups whilst watching several different leagues.

I think that De Jong is the absolute best anchorman in the world.

If you don't rate him, I'm not going to ask about your intelligence, but rather question your understanding of the game and particularly our system of play.

Sabster said:
kippaxblue76 said:
Lets try this then, if Mancini, who has forgotten more about football than you will ever know, didn't think he was good enough why didn't he buy someone else?

Is not the prem the best league in the world??
And is not Nigel de jong one of the best at what he does in the best league in the world??

So please tell me what that makes him ??
Its all about playing styles and commitment...Rooney and Messi are deemed world class yet their style of play is miles apart so what makes you think that Nige isnt world class ??
Compared to whom. ??

Sabster said:
kippaxblue76 said:
Lets try this then, if Mancini, who has forgotten more about football than you will ever know, didn't think he was good enough why didn't he buy someone else?

come on mate even the pundits are applauding NDJ at the moment and singled him out with kompany in todays game,i only ever had a problem when others when they compared him with barry and who would lose there place but NDJ has become very close so far this season to being one of the best DM'S around world football.

oakiecokie said:
What an immense display from the lads today.
Back four were superb,midfield in their faces and Carlos again works tirelessly.
But what about NDJ ??
Who says he is one dimensional ??
Great all round display from him and Barry,who has also taken a lot of flack lately.
NDJ. One of 4 names on that team sheet every week for me.
More humble pie being eaten.
Fuck.Some of you are going to have to go on a diet,with all this pie. lol
He`s having a superb season, awesome player.

Sabster said:
kippaxblue76 said:
Just good and useful isn't good enough for us as Mancini knows so why didn't he replace him? What about the points i made earlier or are you choosing to ignore them?

Good and useful is good enough for us, we can't have best in the world in every position.

I responded to your point about Blackburn? Are you choosing to ignore that? I don't recall any other points that you have made.

Read again. Good and useful is good enough for us? So if he is just good and useful i ask you again why didn't Mancini replace him?

Damocles said:
No I am just doubting your claims of intelligence.

You are either very intelligent or do not follow football massively

You can not be both and think De jong is world class.

I know lots of people with iQs above 150 who follow football and who do not rate De Jong at all.

You don't know anyone with an IQ above 150. 150 is the top millionth of a percentile in the world. Those people are usually great leaders in their field.

Even if you did (which you don't), IQ doesn't mean intelligence, especially on a sport based science such as football.

I class myself as pretty knowledgeable. I am a scientist by nature, I use logic to draw conclusions, I have graded the works of others in my particular field; as football is considered, I played for a professional team at youth level, and have coached various age groups whilst watching several different leagues.

I think that De Jong is the absolute best anchorman in the world.

If you don't rate him, I'm not going to ask about your intelligence, but rather question your understanding of the game.

Mate do the maths, IQ is a normal distribution with mean 100 and S.D. 15. That lets z= 3.1

Phi(3.1) = about 0.001 which is about 1 i every 100000. Considering i study maths at Cambridge I don't think that percentage is that unreasonable.<br /><br />-- Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:06 pm --<br /><br />
kippaxblue76 said:
Sabster said:

Read again. Good and useful is good enough for us? So if he is just good and useful i ask you again why didn't Mancini replace him?

Because we can't have world beaters in every position.

Sabster said:
Mate do the maths, IQ is a normal distribution with mean 100 and S.D. 15. That lets z= 3.1

Phi(3.1) = about 0.001 which is about 1 i every 100000. Considering i study maths at Cambridge I don't think that percentage is than unreasonable.

If that's the case, why do 99% of your posts originate from Lancashire?

Damocles said:
Sabster said:

Phi(3.1) = about 0.001 which is about 1 i every 100000. Considering i study maths at Cambridge I don't think that percentage is than unreasonable.

I would guess because (I am assuming you are a mod), that your IP adress analyser is fucked up.

The majority of my posts would have come from my house outside of london.

Sabster said:

Phi(3.1) = about 0.001 which is about 1 i every 100000.

Also, if you really are studying maths at Cambridge, I'd ask for a better lecturer<br /><br />-- Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:11 pm --<br /><br />
Sabster said:
Damocles said:

I would guess because (I am assuming you are a mod), that your IP adress analyser is fucked up.

The majority of my posts would have come from my house outside of london.

Yeah, you're full of shit, that's what I thought.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.