NDJ doubters ... do you need further evidence ??

De jong in my eyes is the best DM in the Premiership . Can any one name a DM better than him ?

sabster ur answer is invalid
u my friend are a cock!

Superb from NDJ, he is awesome against the top sides.

Not so sure he needs to play as many as he does against the dross though.

around March last year I was pretty dubious about the brains behind the brawn.

No more. He's come on leaps and bounds. his forward passes start off so many of our breaks. he is the way ahead of the opposition, he is always the first to react and push out. he spots the spaces and forwards so quickly. all of a sudden his passing is downright impressive, and he can hit the winger/CF with ease. in other games he's carried the ball forward at pace with exactly the same effect.

I always thought he could do it, and it just required a mental shift. I didn't realise how good he would be at it, and I thought it would take at least a season for him to show his potential. I guess the WC had a good effect on him. I also reckon he's picked up a few tricks off PV (spotting the break, being first to come out, hitting the centreforward early), and Gazbaz (rolling, twisting and turning to get out of trouble or win a free kick).

So hats off Nige, you're brilliant every week, and you're still improving.

I think DeJong suffered from the price tag and the stories we could have picked him up for £500k in the summer. I remember Andy Jacobs scoffing at the money we paid for him.

But without a doubt he is worth every penny we paid for him, because he'll be the best midfield player in the world in his position for years to come.

Chick Counterfly said:
around March last year I was pretty dubious about the brains behind the brawn.

No more. He's come on leaps and bounds. his forward passes start off so many of our breaks. he is the way ahead of the opposition, he is always the first to react and push out. he spots the spaces and forwards so quickly. all of a sudden his passing is downright impressive, and he can hit the winger/CF with ease. in other games he's carried the ball forward at pace with exactly the same effect.

I always thought he could do it, and it just required a mental shift. I didn't realise how good he would be at it, and I thought it would take at least a season for him to show his potential. I guess the WC had a good effect on him. I also reckon he's picked up a few tricks off PV (spotting the break, being first to come out, hitting the centreforward early), and Gazbaz (rolling, twisting and turning to get out of trouble or win a free kick).

So hats off Nige, you're brilliant every week, and you're still improving.

I totally agree with you, it's an excellent post but I have to correct you on one thing.
De Jong hasn't picked this up from anyone recently, go on youtube and search "de jong ajax". I think you'll be rather amazed, he even scored some cracking goals back then!
He's always had it in him but I think it's only now - with the quality around him - he feels he can do these things without exposing the team to too much risk :)

Against CFC last season at CoMS he was outstanding. He had an even better game today. I said part way through the second half that he is one of those players who has improved since he came. He may be one dimensional, but the one dimension he provides is rock solid, and fundamental to any team. I've never seen CFC forwards dispossessed more in a match than I did today. Top dollar, Nige.

Best DM in Premiership, and for me, only Cambiasso and Essien (who he has bullied twice) come close in Europe.

Anybody who cannot appreciate The Animal's class shouldnt really be watching football...

The role Nige plays is a thankless task but so important, he really is at the heart of the engine room breaking up play giving the likes of Yaya the opportunity to do their stuff. I admit that when we got him I thought we had seriously overpaid for him, but under this fluid system Bobby plays Nige is absolutly relishing in and right now I'd say he is the best in the business in that role.

Well I've never been a doubter, from his first couple of game you could tell
he was going too be immense for us, but today he surpassed my expectations.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.