Ndombele (signed for Spurs)

I've had this very argument about 6 or 7 times here. So I don't want to reharsh it. But Everytime it comes up, my general view is that the person I'm arguing against doesn't really believe what tgey claim. They've just said it for so long now that they've come to believe it.

So as a change, I'd grant that there are some who may in fact 'see more' at the game. I can't tell how this is possible, but hey, maybe depth perception isn't an issue for some or perhaps they have Eagle vision and can see the intricacies of closeup action from a distance. Who knows.

But for me, The stadium is where I go for the atmosphere, but if I want a better view, I grab your remote and click.

If your high in the stadium you can undoubtedly get a better tactical perspective than watching on tv. Football is about creating and closing down spaces, if you can't see all the players you're not getting the best view.

If your high in the stadium you can undoubtedly get a better tactical perspective than watching on tv. Football is about creating and closing down spaces, if you can't see all the players you're not getting the best view.
I'd grant you that argument of seeing a better tactical perspective. Like sky cam woukw allow you to see.

But you'd realize quickly that most players who are not directly involved in the play often are simply just ambling around within their positional area.

Not to mention, of all the players on the field, DMs and CMs get the most camera time coz they are almost always in shot, except for the few times the camera zeros in on corner areas. But even then you can easily conclude what players have done while out off shot quite often from where they pop up again.

I'd implore those who love to use the 'you don't see the little runs' argument to watch a game on TV and try to focus on the guy farthest away from ball, they can see in the shot.

They'd quickky notice how said player is almost always just ambling around gingerly in there positional area.

They are often not doing anything unique. Certainly not unique enough, for anyone with any knowledge to claim that's the basis for why they could but you couldn't see the greatness.

Almost inherent in thatt claim isi the preposterous argument that they are doing what most can intuitively tell they are not: i.e watching a guy who's not involved with the play. But yet this gets trotted out every season as evidence of knowledge.

Last edited:
Reactions: nmc
Scored their second yesterday and according to Fotmob he was MOTM. I'm very interested to get another look at him when we play Lyon again.

I'd grant you that argument of seeing a vetteb tactical perspective. Like sky cam.

But you'd have to be telling a final not to realize most players who are not directly involved in the play often are simply just ambling around within their positional area.

Not to mention, of all the players on the field, DMs and CMs get the most camera time coz they are almost always in shot, except for the few times the camera zeros in on corner areas. But even then you can easily conclude what players have done while out off shot quite often.

I'd implore those who love to use the 'you don't see the little runs' argument to watch a game on TV and try to focus on the guy farthest away from ball they can see in the shot. Notice how said player is almost always just ambling around gingerly in there positional area.

They are often not doing anything unique. Certainly not unique enough, for anyone with any knowledge to claim that's the basis for why they could but you couldn't see the greatness.

The argument is preposterous. But gets trotted out every season.

If you think City players, or players for any of the top teams, are just ambling around in their general positions then I don't think we're going to come to any agreement.

I appreciate it's frustrating having to watch from afar and there's plenty which can be picked up from TV but there's a reason after all the stats have been analysed and video watched that clubs always scout players in person. Next time you make it over to the Etihad head up into the third tier and I suspect you'd change your opinion.

I just realized that there is a new law that allows player who join a new team in January to play in the Champions League, even if he played in the group stage with other team. I think we just have to go for him with everything we have. He will give us so much quality in the last stages of the season

I'd grant you that argument of seeing a better tactical perspective. Like sky cam woukw allow you to see.

But you'd realize quickly that most players who are not directly involved in the play often are simply just ambling around within their positional area.

Not to mention, of all the players on the field, DMs and CMs get the most camera time coz they are almost always in shot, except for the few times the camera zeros in on corner areas. But even then you can easily conclude what players have done while out off shot quite often from where they pop up again.

I'd implore those who love to use the 'you don't see the little runs' argument to watch a game on TV and try to focus on the guy farthest away from ball, they can see in the shot.

They'd quickky notice how said player is almost always just ambling around gingerly in there positional area.

Almost inherent in thatt claim isi the preposterous argument that they are doing what most can intuitively tell they are not: i.e watching a guy who's not involved with the play. But yet this gets trotted out every season as evidence of knowledge.
youre talking shite, lets look at the ball played by sterling to put jesus through in the first half, your telling me jesus (who wasn't on the screen) was ambling about and got space, no he was making false moves forwards and backwards side to side to get the space, i will say it again anybody who thinks you get a better look at a player from the tv doesn't know what they are talking about,on the tv you are getting 1/3 of the bigger picture.

also why do scouts,managers actually go to games to watch players ?

I just realized that there is a new law that allows player who join a new team in January to play in the Champions League, even if he played in the group stage with other team. I think we just have to go for him with everything we have. He will give us so much quality in the last stages of the season

If Lyon are in the group stages, they may want to keep him in January ?

youre talking shite, lets look at the ball played by sterling to put jesus through in the first half, your telling me jesus (who wasn't on the screen) was ambling about and got space, no he was making false moves forwards and backwards side to side to get the space, i will say it again anybody who thinks you get a better look at a player from the tv doesn't know what they are talking about,on the tv you are getting 1/3 of the bigger picture.

also why do scouts,managers actually go to games to watch players ?
No, I'm not telling you that. We dispossed them of the ball, in their half and we are about to counter, of course Gabriel is making a move. That's the expectation. His failure to do so will be an error.

But I can assure you Stones, and Eric aren't making moves even though I can't see either of them. Dihno who I can see, equally does exactly what I'm sure Stones and Laporte who I can't see are doing: i.e holding their position. No sudden rush or quick runs. After the pass, then Dihno starts a support jog, Zee rotates to the middle then the shot moves past them.

The point here is that nothing Eric or John are doing at the moment Sterling passes to Gab is relevant enough to change the analysis of their overall performances. It's why this claim is so silly. Y'all are pretending it does.

As to your question, I'll answer it with a question: Why do most people wear belts and not suspenders?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.