Ndombele (signed for Spurs)

150k a week.

3 months of that is 1.8 million before tax.

End of chat mate.
Again, I say “for YOU, maybe!”

And, it’s not just about wages. It is image rights, boot sponsorship, clothing sponsorship, etc, etc, etc...

In your world, maybe £1.8M before tax is “enough.” Even in my world it isn’t, so imagine a world where you’re a player and you see a sub making £5M, your agent and assistants taking 20%+, needing a £3M house just for some peace, quiet and privacy. Private schools, possibly even security for your kids to and from (“Man on Fire” style), Plus, Plus, Plus...not to mention the stable of £Ms of cars!!

I appreciate you might be able to make £1.8M before tax last a lifetime. I’m telling you it is chicken feed in the world of top level football, let alone the game of life!

I already told you.
Ederson, Bravo, Danilo, Otamendi, Laporte, Sandler. Mendy, Zinchenko, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Silva, KDB, Bernardo, Mahrez, Sane, Jesus, Aguero.
There’s our 17 as it stands I guess take Sandler out on loan to fit Rodri in. So who are you getting rid of now to buy Ndombele as well ? Or more to the point who do you think the club would get rid of to make room ?

Ederson, Bravo, Danilo, Otamendi, Laporte, Sandler. Mendy, Zinchenko, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Silva, KDB, Bernardo, Mahrez, Sane, Jesus, Aguero.
There’s our 17 as it stands I guess take Sandler out on loan to fit Rodri in. So who are you getting rid of now to buy Ndombele as well ? Or more to the point who do you think the club would get rid of to make room ?
Bravo, Danilo this season, and we lose Gundogan, Fernandinho and Silva next season. Hell, I’d sell Mahrez, if it was up to me, but we’d lose our shirts on him. And, there’s a good chance Sané is gone, too!

Clearly, comings and goings, but the CM/DM position is KEY for Pep’s play, so if needed, you sacrifice elsewhere to get your midfield set for the next 5+ years!!

Bravo, Danilo this season, and we lose Gundogan, Fernandinho and Silva next season. Hell, I’d sell Mahrez, if it was up to me, but we’d lose our shirts on him. And, there’s a good chance Sané is gone, too!

Clearly, comings and goings, but the CM/DM position is KEY for Pep’s play, so if needed, you sacrifice elsewhere to get your midfield set for the next 5+ years!!
No way we sell a keeper or a right back to buy a third DM when we play just one almost every game, if Sane goes we buy a forward or attacking midfielder, same with Mahrez. We played the last 2 seasons with one DM and Gundogan covering there is zero chance we now go to 3 dm s now.
If we lose Fernandinho next summer and we are banned we have a stockpile of about 5 players that play in that position on loan or with the youth teams..

Again, I say “for YOU, maybe!”

And, it’s not just about wages. It is image rights, boot sponsorship, clothing sponsorship, etc, etc, etc...

In your world, maybe £1.8M before tax is “enough.” Even in my world it isn’t, so imagine a world where you’re a player and you see a sub making £5M, your agent and assistants taking 20%+, needing a £3M house just for some peace, quiet and privacy. Private schools, possibly even security for your kids to and from (“Man on Fire” style), Plus, Plus, Plus...not to mention the stable of £Ms of cars!!

I appreciate you might be able to make £1.8M before tax last a lifetime. I’m telling you it is chicken feed in the world of top level football, let alone the game of life!

1.8m over just 3 months.

Over a year that’s 7.2 million. In just 1 year.

YOU couldn’t live comfortably on that?

Tell me why.

Am I missing something or have we sold Sterling?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.