Need help-email adress

kippax4ever

Long & short off it,haven't had internet for 2mths,forgotten my password done recovery twice now but had no reply from gmail..2weeks ago.
So the question is does it take that long for them to recover/verify its my account?
will be fked without it,all account are in that email address.
Thanks in advance..

Long & short off it,haven't had internet for 2mths,forgotten my password done recovery twice now but had no reply from gmail..2weeks ago.
So the question is does it take that long for them to recover/verify its my account?
will be fked without it,all account are in that email address.
Thanks in advance..
From memory there's a few recovery options such as sending a link to a secondary email address or a pin code to a registered mobile via text, plus probably other ways. Which method did you try? It should be almost instant.

From memory there's a few recovery options such as sending a link to a secondary email address or a pin code to a registered mobile via text, plus probably other ways. Which method did you try? It should be almost instant.
Sorry for the delay.secondary email mate but still havent recieved it yet,,

Sorry for the delay.secondary email mate but still havent recieved it yet,,
I haven't had to do a reset recently but believe the secondary email route should be instant, or at the most 24hrs. Reading articles on other sites suggests some of the other methods (where you enter things like a best guess at the password; the date you set up gmail etc) take upto 5 days. So that's the longest you should wait before re-trying. I'm guessing it sends the fail notice to your email that you can't access!

Do you use an email client like Microsoft Outlook or Thunderbird, or just get your messages through the browser?

Does the secondary address work? I.e. does it receive emails from elsewhere.

I haven't had to do a reset recently but believe the secondary email route should be instant, or at the most 24hrs. Reading articles on other sites suggests some of the other methods (where you enter things like a best guess at the password; the date you set up gmail etc) take upto 5 days. So that's the longest you should wait before re-trying. I'm guessing it sends the fail notice to your email that you can't access!

Do you use an email client like Microsoft Outlook or Thunderbird, or just get your messages through the browser?

Does the secondary address work? I.e. does it receive emails from elsewhere.
Yes done all the above(takes up to 5 days)done that but nothing as yet..
Only use gmail mate..

Yes done all the above(takes up to 5 days)done that but nothing as yet..
Only use gmail mate..
A secondary email is one which you set up on your gmail account (before you forgot the password), but if you're waiting 5 days this sounds like an alternative email you first entered during the recovery process - is that what happened?

A secondary email is one which you set up on your gmail account (before you forgot the password), but if you're waiting 5 days this sounds like an alternative email you first entered during the recovery process - is that what happened?
Only had 1 account But then i set up a alternative recovery as you stated mate,

Only had 1 account But then i set up a alternative recovery as you stated mate,
If you haven't provided enough information then it will fail. Unfortunately nobody but Google knows what the pass threshold is, so you have to keep trying, entering more information each attempt, even partial or really old passwords will help.

The alternative is to create a new account, unfortunately.

I assume you have tried below but if not:

The first thing you want to try is Google’s Account Recovery page. Choose the “I don’t know my password” option and enter your Gmail® address, click on Continue.

If you linked a phone number to your Gmail® account, you can request a verification code sent in a text message or you can answer security questions under “Verify your identity” section.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.