Need help, music venues in Salford..

Jay Division

Got a new brief in Uni today to design three two page spreads of the history, the present and a personal experience in Salford... The theme I've chosen is music, so basically, the history, the present and a personal experience of music culture around Salford. Choosing a band is easily dealt with as you have Joy Division, The Fall etc from around the Salford area. But google is becoming a pain and I'm struggling to find any decent live music venues in Salford or that were in Salford. I know we have a few old timers ( ;) ) on here with vast knowledge of music around in the 1970/80s, so I'm putting it to you to name a few venues to help me out!

Don't know about the old days but a pub called (I think) the Kings Arms hosts decent music and even a festival occasionally. There is also a church or chapel over there used as a gig venue. The City Life section of the MEN site may be a useful archive. The Mondays were from Salford but don't know if they ever played there

Salford Lads' Club.

Featured on the front one of The Smiths' albums.<br /><br />-- November 18th, 2010, 9:30 pm --<br /><br />
attachment.php

SuperKevinHorlock said:
Oh yeah the Willows is still open (the Mrs Xmas work do is there, gutted for her)

It's got a cracking stage and sound system .....

black mamba said:
SuperKevinHorlock said:
Oh yeah the Willows is still open (the Mrs Xmas work do is there, gutted for her)

It's got a cracking stage and sound system .....

Third year on the bounce for her not sure chicken in a basket and the drifters is a great Xmas do. One of the bouncers at the willows gave Roy Keane a smack one year that's true.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.