Need help with HDD

Pearcey

I've got a Buffalo ministation 500GB external hard drive, which connects via a USB cable. I plugged it into my new Netbook, hoping to transfer the files across but it's not showing up in the Drives.

The interesting bit is, it is showing as having the correct drivers installed in Device Manager though.

I'm on Windows 7 Starter.

Please can someone help me... I've got 100GB of music and years of photos on that drive.

Pearcey said:
I've got a Buffalo ministation 500GB external hard drive, which connects via a USB cable. I plugged it into my new Netbook, hoping to transfer the files across but it's not showing up in the Drives.

The interesting bit is, it is showing as having the correct drivers installed in Device Manager though.

Please can someone help me... I've got 100GB of music and years of photos on that drive.
Maybe go to Windows Update?

Good luck.

Pearcey said:

Go into Disk Management.

Disk might need importing. Should at least list the drive in there and if theres an issue, it will display what it is.

markbmcfc said:
Pearcey said:

Go into Disk Management.

Disk might need importing. Should at least list the drive in there and if theres an issue, it will display what it is.

Cheers for that mate.
It shows up in Disk Management It dispalys the drives capacity, also it says it's 'healthy' and 'online' but it still isn't showing up in Drives. And I can't access the data.

Any other help?

Thanks in advance.

Pearcey said:
markbmcfc said:
Go into Disk Management.

Cheers for that mate.
It shows up in Disk Management It dispalys the drives capacity, also it says it's 'healthy' and 'online' but it still isn't showing up in Drives. And I can't access the data.

Any other help?

Thanks in advance.

Has it given it a drive letter? Its probably tried to set the drive letter at what it THINKS is the next available, but its probably taken up by your CD/DVD drive or another local disk. For arguments sake, set the drive letter to Z: (assuming you dont have any Z: drives) and bob should be your mothers brother.

Let me know.

markbmcfc said:
Pearcey said:
Cheers for that mate.

Any other help?

Thanks in advance.

Has it given it a drive letter? Its probably tried to set the drive letter at what it THINKS is the next available, but its probably taken up by your CD/DVD drive or another local disk. For arguments sake, set the drive letter to Z: (assuming you dont have any Z: drives) and bob should be your mothers brother.

Let me know.

There is no letter assigned to the drive. I will attempt to do so now.

Pearcey said:
markbmcfc said:

Let me know.

There is no letter assigned to the drive. I will attempt to do so now.

It will have tried to and then conflicted. Should be fine once you've set one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.