Negative posters

C_T_I_D said:
Well both games, Hamburg and Fulham, we took the lead and then we seemed to sit back and try and defend it and obviously we are really bad at this because we conceeded three goals on two occassions. On top of that he brings on players like Gelson Fernandes in place of an attacker, fair enough if you're going to defend a lead then why didn't he start him and go in with the intention of defending and hitting them on the counter? It's not rocket science and it probably would have reduced the defecit.

Chad / Ched, depending on your take on it, was a bit of a pointless substitution against Fulham as I don't remember the last time he actually scored for the club and he is meant to be a striker. Those who defend him because he is young and learning his trade, if he's doing that, why is he in the team?

More to the point, why are we defending against Fulham? With our attacking resources, minus the ineffective Kelvin Etuhu, we should have nothing to fear and yet Fulham created more chances than us and took more than us. We've got the makings of a top seven team, anyone can see that, and yet we don't play as a team. Man for man, we've got a better team than Villa and Everton who are 5th and 6th respectively and the reason why is they're in unity and we're not.

Talking just about Hamburg here C_T_I_D, because you say that we are going out due to Hughes' tactics.

I didn't see us take the lead against Hamburg and then sit back and try and defend it. I saw us take a brilliant and unexpected 1st minute lead and then get completely blitzed for a mad 10 minutes, before the game settled into any discernible pattern. I don't think that was down to Hughes' tactics, but down to the players panicking and losing shape, which suggests to me that with some notable exceptions they aren't good enough.

He brought Gelson on after the 3rd goal went in with less than 10 mins to go, and despite the misgivings about what Gelson brings to the team it was the right decision for me 'cos it was crucial that we didn't concede a 4th which would have been tie over. The whole team was knackered and anyone could see that we were never going to pull a goal back, so a decent decision to try and protect what we had - a 2 goal disadvantage with an away goal - which could be retrievable at COMS.

I'm always dubious when people cite poor tactics, 'cos usually it doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

I'm not claiming any superior tactical awareness. I don't know enough about football to do that, but it amuses me when some people with a little knowledge do. Reminds me of that Harry Enfield character - "you don't want to do it like that ..."

My take on why we might be going out on Thursday, is that we got turned over fair and square by, probably, a superior outfit who played pretty well on the night. No great mystery or huge failure in tactics involved.

dannybcity said:
Well people who are attending that are likely to gasp and moan everytime we misplace or a pass or worse still conceed. It's not helpful and I noticed on Sunday a fair few people around me doing it, for example 30 seconds before we scored a bloke behind me had ago at Hughes. How is that supporting the team? There's a time and a place to moan, Thursday not being it.
I'm very negative on here at the mo, but 100% supportive at the match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.