Negredo allegedly signed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Negredo just signed

LoveCity said:
Problem is, some City fans can now only judge a player on how high profile he is and who he plays for. In the real world the best coaches build a system and sign players for several reasons beyond how much they are worth. Ferguson has done it repeatedly over the years. The best team in Europe, Bayern Munich, signed Dante and Mandzukic for a combined cost of around £14million (less than Javi Garcia). Both turned out to be very effective pieces in Heynckes' system and were key parts of the team that won the treble and dominated Europe. And yet Bayern could have gone and signed Cavani and Thiago Silva for the same roles, yet they were able to think beyond signing the hottest names in football. And this is something Pellegrini is quite known for, building a fully functioning team in a fully functioning system rather than 11 talented individuals who lack cohesion and often have to grind their way to results (see: Manchester City last season).

Negredo, Fernandinho, Navas and Jovetic will all bring new feature to an already very talented squad that Mancini was not getting close to maximum performance out of last season.

Quality post.

Great signing, he scores goals and will give us a physical presence up front. Cant wait for the season to start now..

swblue7 said:
buzzin about this signing

Me too. The guy scores goals, he knows where the net is has a great left foot and is a team player.

I'm so sick of these Johnny Come Lately's who expect bloody marquee record breaking signings every deal we complete. If you've followed City for the past 41 years you'll appreciate where we are right now and where we've come from.

Negredo is a great signing for the club and I hope everyone gets behind him. For Christ's sake.......STOP MOANING!!!!!

Rodney Marsh's Hair said:
swblue7 said:
buzzin about this signing

Me too. The guy scores goals, he knows where the net is has a great left foot and is a team player.

I'm so sick of these Johnny Come Lately's who expect bloody marquee record breaking signings every deal we complete. If you've followed City for the past 41 years you'll appreciate where we are right now and where we've come from.

Negredo is a great signing for the club and I hope everyone gets behind him. For Christ's sake.......STOP MOANING!!!!!

Correct on all points Rodney!
This guy is a top signing. I've said it before and I'll say it again: 25+ goals in all comps next season.

Proelia said:
jake28 said:
If this was the guy I was told we would be replacing Balo and Tevez with I'd have said no chance,not good enough. An ok signing but he won't be pulling up any trees.

Already posted the same comment in another thread ya twunt

Just because we're not all rubbing c*cks together thinking that we've made the coupe of the close season does not mean that your right and he's wrong. Grow up its called having an opinion and some of us don't share each others.

Mike D said:
ZabbaStuntDouble said:
ManCitizens. said:
Who do you think scored more last season, Negredo, Benzema or Higuain?

Negredo probably started and played more games for Sevilla that the other 2 both at Madrid.

And just remind me again who is the better side Seville or Madrid ? How many games would Negrado have got at Madrid ?

All the reports coming out of Spain are this guy are one week he's a world beater the next he's a carthorse. The proof of this comes from why he isn't a regular in the Spanish team on a regular basis considering the poor form of Torres you'd expect anyone worth there salt to be nailing down there place. At 28 years old time is not on his side, in Spain they call Pellgrini the engineer in Spain but he'll need to be a magician to sort this one out.

The following scouting report seems to back up that claim that he can be a streaky player. Seems a pretty balanced scouting report overall.

Code:
Alvaro Negredo scouting report: Manchester City's target has a penchant for flair and goals
15 Jul 2013 14:03
La Liga expert David Cartlidge looks at Sevilla's hot-shot striker who could be reunited with former team-mate Jesus Navas at the Etihad

The position of Spain’s number nine is an ongoing discussion, and any conversation these days has to include Alvaro Negredo.

Sevilla’s striker has grabbed 102 goals in 209 appearances since debuting in La Liga. This includes the 70 appearances with Almeria where he made his name, and the 139 with current employers Sevilla.

He is a thoroughbred forward, traditional in many aspects but with a penchant for bringing flair into his game. One moment he can be bulldozing his way through a defence, then in another look to connect with a floated cross via a bicycle kick.

Negredo’s frame is one of power and muscle, and bases much of his game around these features. He’s prepared to rough it in the harshest of times, willing to backtrack and tumble through defensive blocks. It’s not pretty but as his goal scoring record suggests, it can often be very effective.

The 26-year-old's style is suited to both a counter attacking game due to his awareness in making runs into the penalty box, but also when his side are in possession.

Negredo can play with his back to goal, edging into centre-backs and looking to spin past them through either a ball in behind or to feet.

With Almeria he was mainly a counter-attack focused striker, but with Sevilla it has seen the player develop his game into a more-rounded one. To survive and confirm himself among the striking elite in the league, he simply had to.

Games can be slow, and build-up patient, while many centre-backs possess that nous against strikers. Negredo is someone who has overcome all these facets though, becoming a point for his team to aim for.

He’s a hard worker too, willing to dig in and harass opponents who are in possession of the ball to force errors. Despite not being lightning quick, Negredo makes up for it in his body movement. With the physical make-up of the player being so stocky and aggressive, he can edge himself ahead that extra yard or bully a defender off the ball.

Negredo’s a bull in attack, looking to charge down anyone in his way and rip off doors, all to get where he wants to be. The issue with the player is though, his style can sometimes be too direct and lacking intelligence.

There’s no doubting Negredo takes up excellent positions, makes the right movements, and knows where the goal is. What’s missing however is subtly and intelligence in front of goal, and despite his scoring record a hidden feature of his game is the amount of missed chances the player encounters.

This past season Negredo missed more clear cut chances than any other player in the top five leagues across Europe. It’s not as though he’s shot shy either, as only Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi took more shots this past season – both of them ended up with 34 and 46 goals respectively however, compared to Negredo’s 25.

Consistency too has been hard to come by, and one of the most glaring things about Negredo’s game is the sway in appearance of the player.

One week he can look like he’s up there with the elite predators in front of goal, bully a defence and bag a brace. Then the next few weeks he’ll go through a drought, and stumble through games clumsily and cautiously with no first touch or control in his play.

It’s something that has frustrated Sevilla fans for years, and if that ruthlessness was in his game he wouldn’t be turning out for a club that has been on the decline for a while.

Due to this there has been no European football for him to taste, and see how he can adapt his style on this stage. Negredo’s track record in La Liga is proven despite a few caveats, but when it comes to reaching that next level there is a sense of unknown.

For the rumoured £25million being discussed, it’s perfectly acceptable to want more bang for your buck – not someone with a habit of firing blanks.

A move to Manchester City would be interesting, given the presence of Jesus Navas, who has been supplying the bullets for Negredo in the last few years.

Having such gifted players like David Silva around him would be positive too, with the attacking midfielder the sort who can slip a mobile Negredo into space.

Tottenham too, makes sense. Their search for a striker is well known, and with Andre Villas-Boas’ style so centric to hard counter attacking Negredo would no doubt thrive. Much of that system is about movement, and the striker is someone that can identify danger areas well.

Maybe the move to league with a different style would suit Negredo’s game and iron out the obvious flaws that exist. However, the overriding feeling remains one of apprehension towards a striker that lacks the conviction his price tag suggests.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/alvaro-negredo-scouting-profile-manchester-2054970

Mike D said:
Proelia said:
jake28 said:
If this was the guy I was told we would be replacing Balo and Tevez with I'd have said no chance,not good enough. An ok signing but he won't be pulling up any trees.

Already posted the same comment in another thread ya twunt

Just because we're not all rubbing c*cks together thinking that we've made the coupe of the close season does not mean that your right and he's wrong. Grow up its called having an opinion and some of us don't share each others.

I'll ask again, if we signed Mandzukic and Dante last summer would you have been happy?

Can't really say i have ever seen him play but considering his record last season im looking forward to seeing him. You don't score that many goals on luck alone.

Thank you Sheikh Mansoor, What you have done for City so far is truly unbelievable

You are a great guy and son of a great great guy Sheikh Zayed, Love u to death!

Lucky13 said:
LoveCity said:
Problem is, some City fans can now only judge a player on how high profile he is and who he plays for. In the real world the best coaches build a system and sign players for several reasons beyond how much they are worth. Ferguson has done it repeatedly over the years. The best team in Europe, Bayern Munich, signed Dante and Mandzukic for a combined cost of around £14million (less than Javi Garcia). Both turned out to be very effective pieces in Heynckes' system and were key parts of the team that won the treble and dominated Europe. And yet Bayern could have gone and signed Cavani and Thiago Silva for the same roles, yet they were able to think beyond signing the hottest names in football. And this is something Pellegrini is quite known for, building a fully functioning team in a fully functioning system rather than 11 talented individuals who lack cohesion and often have to grind their way to results (see: Manchester City last season).

Negredo, Fernandinho, Navas and Jovetic will all bring new feature to an already very talented squad that Mancini was not getting close to maximum performance out of last season.

Quality post.
Very much in agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.