Neighbours Smoking Weed

MCFC1993

In all my time on here, it's my first time doing a thread like this, so take it easy but think it's the last straw tonight.

We have neighbours that excessively smoke weed and it's starting to become a problem for us, I'm talking every hour of the day (when we get up, when we get in from work etc...) but tonight has been by far the worst. All the windows in our house are closed and yet our house absolutely stinks of the stuff, it's on our clothes, on us and starting to affect the young people in the house, irritating eyes, plus we're worried about further issues it could cause.

It's bad enough when we're trying to dry our clothes on the back and they spark up not far from where they're hanging but they're harmless and it's only weed, so we just get the clothes in and dry them inside.

However, I draw the line at the young ones not being able to sleep because their eyes are starting to get irritated.

I fully accept that some on here who partake in it won't see it as a big deal but for us it's definitely going too far.

Anyone dealt with anything like this before? What's the best course of action?

They rent the house, so is it best speaking to their landlord?

Speaking to them (which could cause tension down the line if it ends up needing to be reported)?

Or just anonymously report them?

In all my time on here, it's my first time doing a thread like this, so take it easy but think it's the last straw tonight.

We have neighbours that excessively smoke weed and it's starting to become a problem for us, I'm talking every hour of the day (when we get up, when we get in from work etc...) but tonight has been by far the worst. All the windows in our house are closed and yet our house absolutely stinks of the stuff, it's on our clothes, on us and starting to affect the young people in the house, irritating eyes, plus we're worried about further issues it could cause.

It's bad enough when we're trying to dry our clothes on the back and they spark up not far from where they're hanging but they're harmless and it's only weed, so we just get the clothes in and dry them inside.

However, I draw the line at the young ones not being able to sleep because their eyes are starting to get irritated.

I fully accept that some on here who partake in it won't see it as a big deal but for us it's definitely going too far.

Anyone dealt with anything like this before? What's the best course of action?

They rent the house, so is it best speaking to their landlord?

Speaking to them (which could cause tension down the line if it ends up needing to be reported)?

Or just anonymously report them?

Ring the police. Fuck em.

Your neighbours habits should not impose on your life to that extent.

When i was researching my new gaff i went on a landlords forum and saw something from the landy's pov which mirrors your issue. As far as i could tell the landy can not do to much. You need evidence of them doing it and even then if they pay the rent on time the landy may not give a monkeys what they do as long as it does not make a mess.

Mention it to your landy by all means but you are likely looking at a legal route to try and stop it. If they are decent in their life outside of the weed even the police may barely be arsed sadly. It likely depends how snowed under your local cop shop is to an extent.

Ring the police. Fuck em.

That's the route I was thinking of going but wanted to get a few opinions to check it wasn't going too far.

Like I say we've let numerous things slip by but they've only been minor nuisances, bringing washing in, not opening windows on hot days but when the family are struggling to sleep thats too far for me.

Is it a Housing Assocaition or private renal?

Your neighbours habits should not impose on your life to that extent.

When i was researching my new gaff i went on a landlords forum and saw something from the landy's pov which mirrors your issue. As far as i could tell the landy can not do to much. You need evidence of them doing it and even then if they pay the rent on time the landy may not give a monkeys what they do as long as it does not make a mess.

Mention it to your landy by all means but you are likely looking at a legal route to try and stop it. If they are decent in their life outside of the weed even the police may barely be arsed sadly. It likely depends how snowed under your local cop shop is to an extent.
Yeah we thought about speaking to their landlord but like you say if they're getting paid their less likely to give a shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.