Neil Custis

I think the pressure of Barca/Madrid compares with anything. And he passed that test. Also Bayern/Dortmund. Another A+ for Pep. Did Custis actually attend any educational establishment?

Funny thing is, though, had Pep gone to any other PL club and achieved an identical record at this point in the season, fat slobs like Custis would have a totally different slant to his pen nib!

I'm an American but I don't watch any American sports, just City. Does anyone know if the US's sports journalism is as bad as it is in England? I used to read just about every daily article mentioning City but stopped a couple of months ago cos it was so bad. Just curious if anyone knows.
Certain beat writers definitely hold grudges or have slanted views depending on how certain teams or players might treat them in locker rooms. In my 30 years of following American sports, I've never really seen anything like the media against Pep and City. Maybe it was like that last season with Mourinho and Chelsea and I just didn't care enough, but the English writers don't seem worried about hiding their partiality as much as US based, IMO (when it comes to sport)

Just had the misfortune to watch Sunday Supplement and dismantle Pep saying he is cracking, under the pressure and he does not feel he will be a success even when we buy big in the summer.

What a fat odious prick who knows nothing about football. Quite clear agenda by the media to derail Pep but will know there is only one winner. In pep we trust 1!

its purely wishful thinking. the are hurting like you wouldn't believe. the fear is something to behold.

Weird that when United scrape an away draw in the 94th minute and City play Spurs off the park and are cheated out of a victory, the media narrative is Pep is cracking up and not as good as Jose. Did any other **** put him right?

Forget custis, what gets me is that some of our own fans think the same.
I tend to find those fans read/hear shite and digest it as gospel, more afraid of their mates and multimedia buddies to even give a bloke like Pep a chance.

I think we'll all have to bite the bullet until as a club we can get it right on the pitch, they could take a season or two. I think of it like this, if someone said you can have a brand new Dacia this week or you can drive a Jag/Aston next year, but you can't do both which one would you choose?

Just ignore it and see that we are improving two step forward and occasionally one back.

I'm an American but I don't watch any American sports, just City. Does anyone know if the US's sports journalism is as bad as it is in England? I used to read just about every daily article mentioning City but stopped a couple of months ago cos it was so bad. Just curious if anyone knows.

I watch a lot of Baseball, and I’ve been to Chicago for a few Cubs games.

Their sports coverage tends to be more analytical, although US sports lend themselves to statistics. Consequently, if a player is criticised it’s usually because they can prove that his “numbers are down” when compared with a previous period.

The exception is the MLS, mainly because football is more off-the-cuff, and statistics are more of a guide than a proven conclusion.

I think it was the 2010 World Cup when Frank Lampard had more shots on goal than any other player in the tournament yet never scored a goal. In contrast, the yardage or error count has far more relevance in the traditional US sports.

Ironically, despite each US team having it’s own commentary network of ex-players, they’re still far more impartial than the BBC or Sky. In fact, even when the Yankees are playing the Red Sox (Baseball’s equivalent of United v Liverpool), it feels like you’re watching the Ashes with Shane Warne and Ian Botham sharing an in-joke about David Gower.

In contrast, there’s definitely been a shift in emphasis since the Premier League benefited from the huge TV deals. I mean, how the fuck does the monosyllabic Paul Scholes walk into a cozy TV job, alongside the bland Michael Owen?

The piper has been paid, and he’s playing their tune.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.