Neil Young Day

What a Great idea fans could send cards with personlised messages as well as throwing in a couple of bob .we just need people to contact the club to get it going

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQmiNhcTH-0&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqET6rfCaqQ[/youtube]

I think the idea of a Neil Young Day is brilliant and is an absolute must.

Question re the collection though - would his family object or feel uncomfortable with this though. It's easier when it's for a designated charity but proceeds going directly to them may make it difficult.

Sorry but the club HAS to do something to make this happen - I implore those on this board with any contact and influence at MCFC to please , please turn up the heat on this matter - cheers!

Card on the way.
I had the priviledge of working with George Heslop quite a few years ago.
George told me what a wonderful player Neil was,probably one of the best.In
the days of Bell,Lee and Summerbee he didn't get the recognition he deserved
from none Blues.It is imperative something gets done by the club especially as
Neil was part of our greatest period in the history that we don't allegedly
have.

johnny on the spot said:
It's rare that I criticise our mods, but it's criminal that this has not yet been stickied and that instead of bickering about mindless, irreverent tit-for-tat shit heads, we do what this site does best and get something organised for an actual City legend?

With the greatest respect, that's unfair criticism.

It's not as simplistic as just putting a sticky there and then everything magically comes together.

We're in the process of seeing what the club and OSC are planning, so that we can have a co-ordinated effort.

Once there is something concrete in place then a sticky will be made.

Contrary to what you suggest, we're not just sat here doing nothing.

no one will achieve what Neil did -

most goals in 67 promotion team
most goals in 68 championship team
winner in 69 fa cup
winners in the Euro Cup winners cup
2 goals in the crucial championship game versus Newcastle

you could argue Bell and Doherty were better players but no one scored more important goals for City than the legendary Neil Young<br /><br />-- Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:20 pm --<br /><br />Joe Mercer said there was no-one more important than Neil, when he was at the club.

He came through the youth at City and in 72 we sold him for £50k to Preston which was a hefty sum in those days.

He absolutely loved it at City and the fans.

Fred Eyre said no one scored more important goals than Nelly..........

A true legend..........loved watching him play.

There are very many things to consider & things dont happen overnight but lets hope something does happen

Ric said:
johnny on the spot said:
It's rare that I criticise our mods, but it's criminal that this has not yet been stickied and that instead of bickering about mindless, irreverent tit-for-tat shit heads, we do what this site does best and get something organised for an actual City legend?

With the greatest respect, that's unfair criticism.

It's not as simplistic as just putting a sticky there and then everything magically comes together.

We're in the process of seeing what the club and OSC are planning, so that we can have a co-ordinated effort.

Once there is something concrete in place then a sticky will be made.

Contrary to what you suggest, we're not just sat here doing nothing.

Ric,

I take that on board and appreciate your situation and efforts.

There have now been several threads on this topic, in effort to keep it in members' minds. I appreciate that merging these for the sake of housekeeping might have come across as somewhat cynical. I also appreciate the view that having the subject headlined as top-of-the-news would be crass and disrespectful. That said, having five topics saying the same thing has a similar effect. What this board can provenly do is co-ordinate, formalise and direct the support of many towards few, or one. I look to the site for that.

Respect,

Jots x

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.