Neil Young Day

cyberblue said:
We can all do something to honour Neil .If the Admins on here & Bluewatch can contact Vick Kloss & Danny Wilson at the Club & dedicate a game to Celebrate Neil .We coould also do a bucket collextion so all fans can feel involved & money raised goes to Neils Family & Christies .please make this a sticky & see how we go

What's the official line on NY from the club? I mind there was talk about ten years ago of some kind of Testimonial/Benefit match for him. His autobiography is excellent and never got the full recognition that Bell/Lee/Summerbee got. Not too many players can claim to have scored goals in European and FA Cup Finals for City.

CelticBhoyCityBlue said:
cyberblue said:
We can all do something to honour Neil .If the Admins on here & Bluewatch can contact Vick Kloss & Danny Wilson at the Club & dedicate a game to Celebrate Neil .We coould also do a bucket collextion so all fans can feel involved & money raised goes to Neils Family & Christies .please make this a sticky & see how we go

What's the official line on NY from the club? I mind there was talk about ten years ago of some kind of Testimonial/Benefit match for him. His autobiography is excellent and never got the full recognition that Bell/Lee/Summerbee got. Not too many players can claim to have scored goals in European and FA Cup Finals for City.
When someone contactc the Club we will all know there position

Only just heard about Nelly,really upset by this terrible news. Those of us of a certain age have our wonderful memories of Neil and i am know it's well documented that Neil didn't receive the true recognition or testimonial that he deserved.
Neil was always my husband's favourite player and we both had the honour of meeting him a few months ago and you would have thought we were the heroes and not him. He seemed visibly moved when Carl told him he was his all time favourite player, such a gentleman.
We will both support a special day for Neil, the sweetest left foot to grace Maine Road.
Maria and Carl

watched his goals on You tube last night brilliant.

The screamer in the 69 Cup final was quality.

I am sure the club will do something for him in the current circumstances.

Nobody in our current game is similar to Neil, he was a one off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.